ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Oral COurt Hearing change to Paper hearing

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

danoerys
Newly Registered

Oral COurt Hearing change to Paper hearing

Post by danoerys » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi,

Please can anyone guide me on my case. I will have a court hearing on September 18, 2014 for First Tribunal Appeal on September 18, 2014. I have dropped my solicitor as he is saying all this things and asking for money. I just wanted to do a paper hearing if possible. ANy advise if I Can do the switch??

Thanks!

Obie
Ireland

Re: Oral COurt Hearing change to Paper hearing

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:17 pm

You dont need a solicitor to go to court, you can present your case yourself.

What is the nature of your case?

I am not sure you can, but you could write to the tribunal and ask.

If you opt for this option, the tribunal may form the view that you have something to hide which is why you do not want to go to the tribunal.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

WR1

Re: Oral COurt Hearing change to Paper hearing

Post by WR1 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:37 am

It is possible to switch, but the question is why would you want to. Oral hearing seems to be the better option as you can present your case in person rather than having the case decided on paper in your absence.

I was able to switch from paper to oral hearing so it can be done (issue with solicitor, he was dropped and I represented the case myself). The applicant needs to write to the tribunal directly and formally request the change. One thing to note is that the switch will reset the appeal clock so it will be as you have just made a fresh appeal, you will waiting longer than before.

But I would recommend you keep to the oral hearing.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided