ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how do i register my child,s birth

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kofibakary
Newly Registered

how do i register my child,s birth

Post by kofibakary » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:23 pm

I am in a delima right now. I just had a baby and would like to register the child's birth but unfortunately the mother has no pps and i have a pps. Please what can be done to register the baby to get the birth certificate as d child is irish by birth. Please anyone advise where or how i can register d child with just one pps.Thanks everyone

mahersab

Re: how do i register my child,s birth

Post by mahersab » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:39 pm

Just go birth register office one in lamord street dublin , if mom have no pps they will say mom will not get child benefit but they will register child and give birth certifcate
Mahersab

gerard
Newly Registered

Re: how do i register my child,s birth

Post by gerard » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:05 pm

kofibakary wrote:I am in a delima right now. I just had a baby and would like to register the child's birth but unfortunately the mother has no pps and i have a pps. Please what can be done to register the baby to get the birth certificate as d child is irish by birth. Please anyone advise where or how i can register d child with just one pps.Thanks everyone
Being born in Ireland does not (anymore) guarantee Irish Citizen, at least one parent must have been legally resident in Ireland for 3 or the past 4 years for the child to be entitled to Citizenship.

Under "Zambrano" the mother should be able to apply for permission to remain in Ireland, and then would be able to get a PPS number.