ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa4UK - Apply for Someone else

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

thunderb0lt

Visa4UK - Apply for Someone else

Post by thunderb0lt » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:54 am

Hello

The Visa4UK website gives the option for one to 'Apply for Myself' or 'Apply for Someone Else'.

Does anyone know if there is any difference in the questions.

Also, if one selects 'Apply for Someone Else' will the applicant be required to eventually submit the application or is 'Somone Else' able to submit on behalf of the applicant as well.

Thanks

fn286

Re: Visa4UK - Apply for Someone else

Post by fn286 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:24 am

There isn't much of a difference...all questions must be answered as if applicant is completing the application.. Applicant will have to print and submit the application at VAC ofcourse... if you are applying on behalf of someone else your name will appear on the completed application as 'application submitted by'.. in declaration just write the full name of applicant...

abbasbundeali
Newly Registered

Post by abbasbundeali » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:49 am

Im applying for my mother and i intend to fill out the form on her behalf.

Unsure of the following:

- Should i create an account in her name (with her address & contact details), and select Apply for myself;
- Should i create an account in her name (with her address & contact details), and select Apply for Someone Else;
- Should I create an account in my name (with my UK address and contact details), and select Apply for Someone Else;

Please assist asap.

Many Thanks,
Abbas.

fn286

Post by fn286 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 am

abbasbundeali wrote:Im applying for my mother and i intend to fill out the form on her behalf.

Unsure of the following:

- Should i create an account in her name (with her address & contact details), and select Apply for myself;
- Should i create an account in her name (with her address & contact details), and select Apply for Someone Else;
- Should I create an account in my name (with my UK address and contact details), and select Apply for Someone Else;

Please assist asap.

Many Thanks,
Abbas.
I would suggest open acocunt in your name and email. Her details will be required as applicant when completing the application on her behalf. I'm not sure what visa your applying and if there will be any requirement for the intended address in UK, but I would imagine there will be a question. You can provide your address there.

Thanks.

abbasbundeali
Newly Registered

Post by abbasbundeali » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:57 am

Thank you for the response.

The reason Im confused is. It often happens that the person filling out the form for someone else, is also a resident of the same country. Just thinking if its a problem if the main account has an address within UK, for an application which is being made outside UK.

fn286

Post by fn286 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:50 pm

abbasbundeali wrote:Thank you for the response.

The reason Im confused is. It often happens that the person filling out the form for someone else, is also a resident of the same country. Just thinking if its a problem if the main account has an address within UK, for an application which is being made outside UK.
Try to fill the application it seems like you haven't even started.. you don't have to provide address or contact details of the person completing the application on behalf of someone else... 90% application completed on behalf of someone else have different addresses, that is why this option was initiated i believe because UK residents usually have more knowledge than people outside. start completing the application, you can also save without completing.. its better to ask questions when completing...

shazia.naz
Newly Registered

Post by shazia.naz » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi there
I intend to apply for my parents visitor visa from Pakistan.
Can we email our documents for visitor visa application instead of sending through in originals?

Thanks

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:04 pm

shazia.naz wrote:Hi there
I intend to apply for my parents visitor visa from Pakistan.
Can we email our documents for visitor visa application instead of sending through in originals?

Thanks

Yes Shazia, You could scan the originals and send them via email. I have done it many times. No problem.

sarahinusa
Newly Registered

Post by sarahinusa » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyine can help me? My husband and I are just stsrting our visa application and I am confused already lol. When I put I the type of visa required the only one I can see that is close to what we want is settlement visa. As far as I know the visa we want is "join a family member" also it doesnt give any indication as to when and where I have to send supporting documents? ..confused.com to say the least :oops:

Zizijar
Newly Registered

Post by Zizijar » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:13 am

Hi
I filled the application for my friend and it appears application completed by myself and not my friend name . Is it a problem , it can be a reason of a refusal ??
Thankyoi

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:46 am

hi just one question related to above post plz,

is it not appropriate that a person living in the UK creates an on line account for the applicant living abroad (for example for spouse applicant) and then the person living in UK fills the online application and mentions "applicant herself/himself" . once the application is completed and submitted, then the person in UK print it off and send it by post to the applicant abroad. the applicant can sign the paper application and then submit it at visa application centre in that country ? Please let me know If I can do so for my spouse who is in Pakistan now? Thanks
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:20 pm

ilrupdates wrote:hi just one question related to above post plz,

is it not appropriate that a person living in the UK creates an on line account for the applicant living abroad (for example for spouse applicant) and then the person living in UK fills the online application and mentions "applicant herself/himself" . once the application is completed and submitted, then the person in UK print it off and send it by post to the applicant abroad. the applicant can sign the paper application and then submit it at visa application centre in that country ? Please let me know If I can do so for my spouse who is in Pakistan now? Thanks
Many people do this. It's absolutely fine.

eloman
Newly Registered

Post by eloman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi There,

Does anyone know if my parent can apply for me and submit the relevant documents. Reason being I am leaving to travel and don't have enough time to submit the application and wait for my passport to be returned. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Sssaj
Newly Registered

Post by Sssaj » Wed May 27, 2015 7:25 pm

abbasbundeali wrote:Im applying for my mother and i intend to fill out the form on her behalf.

Unsure of the following:

Please assist asap.

Many Thanks,
Abbas.
Then what options did you choose in the end?
My sister her children and my parents are applying for visa, can I fill their application while sitting in the UK?
Did your mother got the visa? After you filling it for her?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu May 28, 2015 9:11 am

eloman wrote:Hi There,

Does anyone know if my parent can apply for me and submit the relevant documents. Reason being I am leaving to travel and don't have enough time to submit the application and wait for my passport to be returned. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Whatever happens, you would still need to submit your passport....