ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leave to remain - ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

east579new

Leave to remain - ILR

Post by east579new » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:00 am

Now that my partner has 2 and a half years leave to remain in order to apply for indefinite leave to remain at the end of this period will she need to have taken either the life in the uk test or esol equivalent level to submit with the application?.

Casa

Re: Leave to remain - ILR

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:58 am

She will need a pass both the Life in the UK and English B1 level
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

east579new

Post by east579new » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:05 pm

Casa wrote:She will need a pass both the Life in the UK and English B1 level
Hi Casa thanks for the reply, Is English B1 level - Esol entry level 3?

And how do we go about taking the life in the uk Test? is there a place we have to go to study? or is there a book we can buy to revise with?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Here's the link for booking the test;
https://www.gov.uk/book-life-in-uk-test

..and here's information on the test with a link on the page to the official handbook, which you need to use for study.
https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:11 pm

Entry Level 3 ESOL is equivalent to B1 English.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

east579new

Post by east579new » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:05 pm

Amber wrote:Entry Level 3 ESOL is equivalent to B1 English.
Is ESOL LEVEL 2 Higher than Esol entry level 3? (home office requirement) because the person at the collage has said my partner would be more suited to this course. (she did explain that she needed entry level 3 for immigration purposes) but she said this would be better.

Just for reference they want my partner to do ESOL Level 2 NOT ESOL ENTRY LEVEL 2 will this satisfy home office requirements?

east579new

Post by east579new » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:07 pm

east579new wrote:
Amber wrote:Entry Level 3 ESOL is equivalent to B1 English.
Is ESOL LEVEL 2 Higher than Esol entry level 3? (home office requirement) because the person at the collage has said my partner would be more suited to this course. (she did explain that she needed entry level 3 for immigration purposes) but she said this would be better.

Just for reference they want my partner to do ESOL Level 2 NOT ESOL ENTRY LEVEL 2 will this satisfy home office requirements?
Does anybody know the answer to this please please?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 pm

AIUI yes - Level 2 is higher than Entry Level 3.

M.