ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa expire

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Blinksth
Newly Registered

Visa expire

Post by Blinksth » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Can anyone tell me, if you are in the process of settlement and your visa is due to expire can you stay in the uk or do you need to go home?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Visa expire

Post by physicskate » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Blinksth wrote:Can anyone tell me, if you are in the process of settlement and your visa is due to expire can you stay in the uk or do you need to go home?
What visa do you currently have? Have you submitted a new application.

If your visa is due to expire and you do not submit an application for an extension or a new category, then yes you may need to go home.

It is not recommended to just let your visa expire and do nothing - either making travel arrangements, or submit a new application.

Blinksth
Newly Registered

Post by Blinksth » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:06 pm

physicskate wrote:
Blinksth wrote:Can anyone tell me, if you are in the process of settlement and your visa is due to expire can you stay in the uk or do you need to go home?

If your visa is due to expire and you do not submit an application for an extension or a new category, then yes you may need to go home.

It is not recommended to just let your visa expire and do nothing - either making travel arrangements, or submit a new application.
I'm on a 5 year ancestry visa

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Blinksth wrote:
physicskate wrote:

I'm on a 5 year ancestry visa
If you are eligible, you might be able to apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to remain).
https://www.gov.uk/ancestry-visa/overview

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:22 pm

As you have already applied for British citizen, which will likely be refused because you do not have ILR (free from immigration time restrictions - which a question you would have needed to answer in the AN from), you will need to either apply for ILR up to 28 days before your visa expires and you meet the 5 years residence requirement, or apply to extend your Ancestry visa or leave the UK already mentioned.

I am fairly certain that you would only be covered under section 3C if you had an ILR or extension application in process when your visa expired. Section 3C does not apply to citizenship applications if your visa expires (and your citizenship application is refused).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

irishbookish
Newly Registered

Post by irishbookish » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:03 pm

If you have applied for Settlement via UK Ancestry on Set (O) and your current visa expires during that time, you may stay in the UK until a decision is made. It explains this either in the Set (O) Guidance form.