ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application under Ancestry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Snack
Newly Registered

ILR application under Ancestry

Post by Snack » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi all,

I sent my ILR application in November under the Ancestry section of Set (O). I received a letter through to have my biometrics taken about 3 weeks ago. I went off to have all the fingerprints etc taken 2 days later. My main concern lies with the paperwork I submitted as evidence!

I included all the usual documents required with the application, ie birth certificates for my grandparents, parents and myself, as well as all the corresponding marriage certificates. Additionally I sent in al the other documents such as bank statements and passports (current and expired). The concern lies with the payslips and letter from my employer. We are provided with online payslips, which I printed out as required. I am currently on maternity leave and the letter confirming my employment also includes confirmation of this.... HOWEVER..... They also went on to list that postal payslips are provided in instances where employees are away from the workplace for long periods ie maternity leave. Now due to what I can only assume as a clerical error, I never had any posted out to me until my request went through for employment confirmation. I sent off my application with a covering letter explaining this and have also sent in two postal copies that I have since received to the UKBA as additional evidence.

My concern is whether they would find this as a possible reason to reject my application? Has anyone else had any experience in this particular area?? I assume I'm likely to hear about the application by about April.

Thank you!

ShereeAmber09
Newly Registered

Re: ILR application under Ancestry

Post by ShereeAmber09 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:02 am

Hello,
Just wandering - was your application all ok? I have just done the same thing and have the same issue re: payslips etc?