ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU Parent of Irish Born Child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Angel592
Member of Standing

Non EU Parent of Irish Born Child

Post by Angel592 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:49 pm

I have Stamp 4 and I am eligible to apply for naturalisation but I just haven't had a chance to do so yet. But I have given birth to my child in Ireland whom is now Irish born but his father is a non European national still living in his country. I want my husband to join me and our baby here in Ireland, how do I go about doing this now? Does the Zambrano case apply? What do I do? I would appreciate any advise!

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Re: Non EU Parent of Irish Born Child

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:49 pm

If your husband can travel to Ireland then he can make an application for permission to remain on the basis of Zambrano. In general, it would have been better if he had travelled to Ireland before the birth, as the Zambrano right is stronger if the non EU parent is living in Ireland from the time of birth, so show the bond with the baby is from birth.
BL

appealalready

Post by appealalready » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:07 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 11-to-2013

This table below shows the number of Zambrano applications, broken down by case-type, received from 1 March 2011 to 30 September 2013 (which is the latest date for which figures are available).

The case-types are split by case outcomes, including cases refused and cases granted. Cases which are still are still awaiting a decision come under the ‘pending’ category.

Figures have been rounded to the nearest 5 (- = 0, * = 1 or 2) and may not sum to the totals shown because of independent rounding.

Case-type Granted Refused Rejected Other Pending Total
EEA Zambrano 95 1170 1725 105 780 3875
EEA - Zambrano - Direct Family Member 20 185 40 45 570 860
EEA - Zambrano - Extended Family Member - 15 5 10 95 125
EEA - Zambrano - Spouse/Civil Partner - 5 * 5 25 35
TOTAL 115 1375 1770 165 1470 4895
Contents
Is there anything wrong with this page?

Dipvishu
Newly Registered

Post by Dipvishu » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:09 am

Hi all I am student non eu in Ireland. I meet some one last year. We start affaire and dating each other. Since now I gave birth to baby last month. But I have one problem to register birth. Because my boyfriend is married to eu girl and she doesn't know that her husband have affaire with me. Also he still dependent on her as he holding stamp 4 last four years. So my question is does my child get irish citizenship on behalf of him.or I have applied my Owen country citizenship. Also he is agreed to give his name to my child. Any help on this much much appreciated . Thanks a lot

gerard
Newly Registered

Post by gerard » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:57 pm

Dipvishu wrote:Hi all I am student non eu in Ireland. I meet some one last year. We start affaire and dating each other. Since now I gave birth to baby last month. But I have one problem to register birth. Because my boyfriend is married to eu girl and she doesn't know that her husband have affaire with me. Also he still dependent on her as he holding stamp 4 last four years. So my question is does my child get irish citizenship on behalf of him.or I have applied my Owen country citizenship. Also he is agreed to give his name to my child. Any help on this much much appreciated . Thanks a lot
If either parent is legally resident in the island of Ireland for 3 out of 4 years immediately prior to the birth, then the child is entitled to Irish Citizenship, in theory the fact that the father is married to someone else should not effect this fact.

But you will need to provide some proof of the fathers residency. I would imagine that you might also need the father listed on the birth cert, while not essential, again, it does towards proving entitlement.

ayush2014
Newly Registered

Post by ayush2014 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:06 am

Dear Gerald

Thanks for replying. As you mention that if i have proof of my boyfriend is father of my child which i have it in Hospital and our GP. also its mention on BIrth Certificate. so can you please explain how do i do application and what documents i need from my boyfriend side. one more thing as my boyfriend is not divorced yet so would be OK for it?

Thanks Gerald

gerard
Newly Registered

Post by gerard » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:55 pm

ayush2014 wrote:Dear GeraRd

Thanks for replying. As you mention that if i have proof of my boyfriend is father of my child which i have it in Hospital and our GP. also its mention on BIrth Certificate. so can you please explain how do i do application and what documents i need from my boyfriend side. one more thing as my boyfriend is not divorced yet so would be OK for it?

Thanks GeraRd
The requirements are listed in the Citizen Information website, you need the following.
  • The Child's Full Birth cert.
  • The parent's passport as well as a detailed note indicating which pages contain immigration stamps covering the reckonable periods of residence. If the passport office is unable to confirm the required three years residence from the passport, the parent will have to get a letter from the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) to confirm the reckonable periods of residence.
  • The parent's registration card issued by the GNIB
The parent must have been lawfully resident in the island of Ireland for a total of 3 or more years during the 4 years immediately before the birth. (This does not include periods awaiting a decision on refugee status or residency granted specifically for the purpose of study.). Since you do not meet these requirements, you need to use the Passport and GNIB card of the father.