ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

online application tier4 (general)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mamir
Newly Registered

online application tier4 (general)

Post by mamir » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:38 am

Hello everyone,
my name is amir, i made my application tier1 in march 2013 got refusal from ukba . I went to court and didnt attend hearing in november and got terminated decision but i made appeal to higher tribunel and finally got excluded decision at 3rd of march 2014. I applied for permission to court of appeal but i was told at 24th march that, i dont have further right to proceed to court.
This is a little background of my case.

Within 28 days from 24th march 2014. At 18th of april 2014 i applied for tier4 online application. And i sent my supporting documents within 15 days at 1st of may 2014.
I got refusal where UKBA based the decision on out of 28 days.
They considered 1st may [ postal date of supporting documents] instead of 18th of april [ date of online application ].

I found out that tier 4 online application is of two types . In both they deduct fee during the online application process at the end of it. But one of them is considered as online submission and other is print and send .
On top of it
There is one more postal way which is print the form fill manually and post.
In my case i am refused on basis of online print and send version of application is considered as postal instead of online application.
However guidance notes dont clearly identify the fact as online is of two types .

On that basis i got refusal. Where i didnt have any option to defend other than judicial review as my appeal right was already exhausted on tier 1.
Please guide me in this context further in my case.
I have got pre-action protocol response where i was told to apply for JR.
I have submitted my Judicial review.
What are the suggestions for me ?
What are the further stages or further possible options in my case i can have?
Please advise.
Regards,
Amir

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: online application tier4 (general)

Post by Greenie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:16 am

When you pay the fee for a print and send application, the web page states what you have to do next, including that you have not submitted your application until you have submitted the form and supporting documents. Did you read that page? Why didn't you send your supporting documents as soon as you'd completed the application online?

mamir
Newly Registered

Post by mamir » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Thanks for your reply Dear.
I paid my fee at 18th of April which was within 28 days. i sent my other documents at 1st of may within 15 days because i followed the Spammy Spammer exactly after completion of online form (print and send).
it stated that, send you your supporting / relevant documents within 15 days.

guidance notes for tier 4 . paragraph 9 at page 2. below

What do we mean by ‘Date of Application’?
9. If you are applying from inside the UK, the date of your application will be taken to be the
following:
• where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting,

• where the application form is submitted in person, the date on which it is accepted by
a Premium Service Centre of the Home Office,
• where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the
Home Office, or
• where the application is made via the online application process, on the date on which
the online application is submitted

bullet point 1 represents paper application.
in my case it is considered and acknowledged as online application but ( print and send) which should be followed by 4th bullet point of paragraph. because it can not be judged on 1st bullet point.
more over i didnt send my documents quickly because i was waiting for my bank statement . i had maintaince for more than 6 months but i was waiting for a proper bank statement to secure myself from any issue.

please give your opinion.
what are possible outcome and options for me further in my case as i am here in uk for almost 7 and half years now.
Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:01 pm

The print and send option is follows point 1, the application is not made until it is submitted and after you pay the fee it tells you that you haven't made your application until you have posted the documents or if you use the premium service, the date you attend in person. The print and send form does not usually contain institutions to say that you should post the application within 15 days ( this is what it says for the fully online process). What you are saying sounds a bit strange to me. Do you still have a copy of the form where it says that you should post the docs within 15 days. Can you remember the address where you sent the docs? Can you still log in to your account and is your application still there? If so can you see what type of application it is?

mamir
Newly Registered

Post by mamir » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:21 am

Sorry . I confirmed this now as. It was processed through an agent . He did print and send where at the last it is told that application is complete instead of submitted.
I also received an email which states:-
" you have completed your student application tier4 print and send" application online.
the address was i think :- po box 180 and post code L804WG.

Please advise in this context now.
I understand your point but when this email from home office on completion of online application confirms this is online process. Why guidance notes , online process point does't represent my case (print and send) instead of postal .
Whilst, my point is, online process guidance is represented by last point and home office said it's online application though it was print and send . So my application should be considered in that respect. And because guidance notes don't clearly make sense otherwise and give point of argument likely if something like happened to me.
Anyways
Thanks for your reply
And please guide me in that context further so I can make myself prepared.
Thanks again