ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inviting aunt - Visitor VISA or Family VISA?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

prvnrk

Inviting aunt - Visitor VISA or Family VISA?

Post by prvnrk » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:12 pm

Hello,

My friend (female) recently delivered a baby in UK and would like to get her aunt (her husband's mother's younger sister) from India to UK for 5-6 months so that she can assist my friend with baby care-taking.

My friend and her husband have ILR and she was main applicant for the ILR process. She is on maternity leave now. What type of VISA is it going to be? Visitor or Family? Could any one please advise on what are the documents needed, covering letter format, Invitation letter format, how to apply (online?) and other details/docs needed.

Thank you,

Amber
Mood:

Re: Inviting aunt - Visitor VISA or Family VISA?

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:08 pm

An Aunt isn't a family member for the purpose of a family visit visa.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

prvnrk

Post by prvnrk » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:11 pm

Thank you Amber for the reply.

So is it going to be General visit or Tourist VISA? Please suggest on documentation/procedure part as well.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:16 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.