ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with ILR dependants application please.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chalico
Newly Registered

Need help with ILR dependants application please.

Post by Chalico » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Dear Members.

We are really confused now. Can someone help please with advice or direct me to the correct link?

Circumstances:

- My first dependant visa was granted in Sept 2006, as a dependant to Student (not PBS at that time)
- Became PBS dependant from Oct 2008, when husband was granted "Tier 1 (Post Study Work)"
- Switched to T2 (General) scheme from July 2010
- husband has applied to ILR on Long Residence(last month), and has an outstanding application
- I still have PBS dependant visa expiring July 2015
- So does my children (7yo, 3.5yo, 2yo) - all born in the UK

Questions:

- Do I qualify to pre-2009 rule?
- When my husband gets ILR, how soon should I apply to spouse visa?
- Should I apply under 2 year route, or can apply differently?
- What about my children?
- which documents do I need?
-how much funds should we have?

Thank you very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need help with ILR dependants application please.

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:15 pm

Once your spouse receives ILR, the children can be registered as British citizens on form MN1 under section 1(3), which is an entitlement to register as they were born in the UK (ILR is not required).

You will need to switch to FLR(M) once your spouse receives ILR through the long residency route and it will be a new 5 year route (2 visas of 2.5 years each) to ILR, unless you meet the 10 years long residence before that.

Financial requirement to be met is £18,600 per annum and English Language level A1.

The rules changed in April this year, see last entry in link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 43881.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chalico
Newly Registered

Re: Need help with ILR dependants application please.

Post by Chalico » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply. I didn`t know about that change. And thought I will be able to apply under 2 year - route.. But then, I guess I still be able to apply under long residence after 2.5 years. Because it will be 10 years in 2016.. So confusing..