ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cardiff ILR experience

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:31 pm

vinseh wrote:
mudassar_ali wrote:Hi
Congratulations on your ILR. You have given quite useful information and document list.

My question is

Is there any gap between changing in employment? i.e. when your contract with 1st employer fininshed and contract with next employer started or they are overlapping?

Your answer will be quite helpful to me.
Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Hi ouflak1,

Many congratulations on getting your ILR. I am about to apply for my ILR in March on the basis of 5 yr WP and I've got a similar concern like the one mentioned above.

I left my first job on 31st Dec 2006 and fortunately I had another job offer in hand and my new WP was actually applied 2 weeks before I left my first job. The WP was approved on 10th Jan but I never received the approval from the home office (probably lost in the post). My consultant had to request a reprint and as you might be aware the reprint usually bears the date it is printed on, hence the approval letter is dated 25th Jan. I started working for my new employer from 1st Feb. Do you reckon I'd be fine as far as the gap in WP employment is concerned. Is it a gap at all?

I would really appreciate advise from you

Thanks a lot in advance.
Vin

Assuming 26th of January 2007, then according to that visa type, you have 28 days to find another job. You also have a grace period while an application is in process. You can start working the day you receive that approval. Even with that date of the 25th of the January, that is still within that period of 28 days. There is no gap here from the information that you have given. Good luck.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:27 pm

ouflak1 wrote:
vinseh wrote:
mudassar_ali wrote:Hi
Congratulations on your ILR. You have given quite useful information and document list.

My question is

Is there any gap between changing in employment? i.e. when your contract with 1st employer fininshed and contract with next employer started or they are overlapping?

Your answer will be quite helpful to me.
Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Hi ouflak1,

Many congratulations on getting your ILR. I am about to apply for my ILR in March on the basis of 5 yr WP and I've got a similar concern like the one mentioned above.

I left my first job on 31st Dec 2006 and fortunately I had another job offer in hand and my new WP was actually applied 2 weeks before I left my first job. The WP was approved on 10th Jan but I never received the approval from the home office (probably lost in the post). My consultant had to request a reprint and as you might be aware the reprint usually bears the date it is printed on, hence the approval letter is dated 25th Jan. I started working for my new employer from 1st Feb. Do you reckon I'd be fine as far as the gap in WP employment is concerned. Is it a gap at all?

I would really appreciate advise from you

Thanks a lot in advance.
Vin

Assuming 26th of January 2007, then according to that visa type, you have 28 days to find another job. You also have a grace period while an application is in process. You can start working the day you receive that approval. Even with that date of the 25th of the January, that is still within that period of 28 days. There is no gap here from the information that you have given. Good luck.
Hi again ouflak1,

Many thanks for your response. I really appreciate that. Just to clarify the specifics, I know as far as the application and approval is concerned I am within the grace period but since my WP approval came through on 25th Jan, I actually started working for my new employer from 1st Feb. Now because I left my first job on 31st Dec...is the new joining date ok. Is there any rule about joining new job at all? Also, any idea if the 28 day grace period stuff is mentioned anywhere on the ukba website?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Vin

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm

I can't find anything on the UKBA website that specifically states when you must actually start working after getting permission and you are already in the country. You have to apply for the permission certainly within 28 days, and you must work for the employer for whom that permission was granted. You have to file for Further Leave to Remain within 6 months. Other than that, I think the intuitive assumption here is that you are constantly living within the conditions of your stay. If, for example you didn't start work for six months after you'd gotten that permit, then you might have problem (though this is non-specific, it is rather obvious). If you worked for a completely different employer or if your type of work was different, then you'd definitely have problems if that actually was found out.

From what you describe, you have continuous legal stay under the conditions that you were in the UK for, for five years. Hope this helps. I'm sorry I couldn't find any links on the UKBA that went into detail on this. I'm guessing that the general assumption here is that naturally if anybody left one company and had proper legal permission to work for another, that they would start that new work within a rather short period of time. This simply does not have to specifically stated due to obviousness. I don't think you will have even the slightest problem.

If somebody can find some detail that states something more clearly than what I could find at the UKBA website (or any of the other numerous I poked through), please post a link.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:17 pm

ouflak1 wrote:I can't find anything on the UKBA website that specifically states when you must actually start working after getting permission and you are already in the country. You have to apply for the permission certainly within 28 days, and you must work for the employer for whom that permission was granted. You have to file for Further Leave to Remain within 6 months. Other than that, I think the intuitive assumption here is that you are constantly living within the conditions of your stay. If, for example you didn't start work for six months after you'd gotten that permit, then you might have problem (though this is non-specific, it is rather obvious). If you worked for a completely different employer or if your type of work was different, then you'd definitely have problems if that actually was found out.

From what you describe, you have continuous legal stay under the conditions that you were in the UK for, for five years. Hope this helps. I'm sorry I couldn't find any links on the UKBA that went into detail on this. I'm guessing that the general assumption here is that naturally if anybody left one company and had proper legal permission to work for another, that they would start that new work within a rather short period of time. This simply does not have to specifically stated due to obviousness. I don't think you will have even the slightest problem.

If somebody can find some detail that states something more clearly than what I could find at the UKBA website (or any of the other numerous I poked through), please post a link.

thanks mate...you are a star.

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:26 am

Hi

I have some questions on WP GAP.

I came to UK in Aug 2005 (work permit) thru an Indian IT company. My project got over and went back to india in July 2006. Came back to UK again thru same company with a new work permit and new entry clearence on Sept 2006. There is a gap of 47 days. I did not get UK pay for July and Aug.

And from then on I am in UK continuous and shifted to HSMP and recently extended te stay to Tier 1 General.

Question is, can I start counting from Aug 2005? or does the new work permit and entry clearance will reset the counter? all my work permit and entry clearnace are overlapping

Valid from Valid Till Type Sponsor
19/08/2005 31/12/2007 Work Permit Indian Comp
24/08/2006 21/12/2008 Work Permit same indian comp

Thanks in advance
Chandra

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:10 pm

coolwater267 wrote:Anyways I am applying on 27th. I can update you with the outcome later.
How did it go? Waiting for the update!!

regards

coolwater267

Post by coolwater267 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:33 am

Guys

I got ILR. Thank you for your support.

Here is the link to my post.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=51034

Please do not hesitate to ask me any question.

Regards

Coolwater

sjb1983

Re: Cardiff ILR experience

Post by sjb1983 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:12 pm

We went there the other day (June 2014) and it was fine and I can confirm it is a fully functioning PEO, no need to send visas elsewhere, got our decision and my partner's visa back within 3 hours.

Very pleasant staff, all went smoothly and very quiet for us.

Would highly recommend.