ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage certificate translation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Prince_irl

Marriage certificate translation

Post by Prince_irl » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi all,

I applied for my spouse visa from Pakistan. I submit NADRA marriage certificate as many Pakistani member will know it is in English and Urdu combine languages. But received call from Embassy to submit english translation of marriage certificate.

Although I sent my original Urdu Nikh Nama with English translation but look strange to me by not accepting NADRA marriage certificate. Any body have such experience ???? ( mainly users from Pakistan ).

Just posted for those member who is planing to call their family from Pakistan.

Thanks
application sent...18/01/2016
paymen taken 21/01/2016
biomatics letter...03/02/2016 (dated 28/01/2016)
biomatrics given 07/02/2016
COA with work 15/02/2016
Passport back request 10/02/2016
passport back......20/02/2016
RC Arrive....4/08/2016

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Marriage certificate translation

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:32 am

It's very strange why the consulate will ask for English translation of marriage cert, when you have submitted the NADRA cert and original nikkah nama and English translation of that. I never heard that consulate will still be looking for more translations.

We have two possibilities here:

1- Either the person phoned you is new to the process.

2- May be there is a change in process.

Action: You best to call them again and try to understand what they are actually looking for. Also try to press that you have every thing in English available, so why would they be looking for more translations ? Is that a new process in place ? Best to call them and do not finish the call until your concerns are over.

Plz share your experience with other members.

P.S: It's not easy to contact the irish consulate karachi, keep ur figure on redial and dial again and again. It could take you an hour before you get through to them.

Good Luck

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:47 am

Dear all

I'm really hoping someone can help. I require a Nadra marriage certificate, but there is a delay. I renewed my nadra card in azad Kashmir Pakistan, it has my fathers name on it because it was before I got married. Now when I am trying to get a nadra marriage certificate they want me to change the detail on the card from fathers name to husband name. I can't do this in uk as my card is the new chipped one from Pakistan and I must go back to Pakistan to modify name change in order to get a nadra marriage certificate!!! Is this really necessary ? Can I just not be issued a nadra marriage certificate with my current ID card with fathers name? I have a nikkah Nama in Urdu and English attested. I really don't have time to go back and it's the last document I need which is holding everything up :( any advise much appreciated.

Also my husband is from Lahore but we got married in azad Kashmir due to relatives and Lahore can't issue us one either because we didn't get married there. All channels seem blocked.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:20 pm

This is bit of an awkward situation, basically the marriage and birth registration is part of NADRA but works slightly in a different way....

The birth, marriage and death registration is operated in TMA office (Tehsil Municipal Administration) and NOT in NADRA office. They are using the same system and inter connected to each other but they are two separate entities.

So, first of all your marriage need to be registered in TMA office (Tehsil Municipal Administration) and NOT in NADRA office. Once your marriage is registered and you have the certificate in hand than you and your husband must report to the NADRA local office along with your old NADRA cards, Urdu nikkah nama, NADRA marriage cert and apply for a new card. Also, the NADRA official will give you an application form which need attestation so, you must know some one who is a govt official to verify that.

Please note: At this stage there is a contradiction between the information hold against your NADRA card and in your Pakistani Passport. If you want to apply for a visa you might need to renew your passport because your current passport is holding your father's name and not husband.

Hope that helped, If you have any other question please post it.

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Calvin thank you so much for your response.

My nikkah has been registered somewhere as nadra is able to look it up on the system. I just want a nadraarriage cert why is it so difficult? This TM place that I need to go to where is it based in Azad Kashmir ? My husband went to nadra office and in Kotli they said they can't do it until modification only on my nadra is card.

So this means I have to travel to Pakistan in order for the new ID card with my husbands name on it. I have a British passport that can not be changed.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:04 pm

I have no idea what is ur district and therefore don't know your union council. If you are living within the boundaries of TMA than contact Secretary TMA directly alternatively, your locl union council man can do this job for you. Basically under one TMA there are few union councils and untion councils do not have access to the NADRA system directly. SO every few days the local union council man go to the TMA office to register births, marriages and deaths happened within his constituency and register them with the Secretary union council in TMA office.

You need to follow the process as i proposed above and to allow this you need to travel to Pakistan. Your husband must be there with you as NADRA officials would like to see him to sign the form.

Hope that helps.

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Thank you Calvin much appreciated.

My nikkah is registered with union council. So it's just a matter of nadra cert. could you tell me if it is vital to have husbands name on nadra I'd card for me to get the certificate ? Does it really make a difference ? We have the nikkah Nama Urdu English attested and registered so it's a tiny issue of fathers name on nadra I'd card. Maybe it be easier if I just went made the name change on my card and got the certificate ?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Nikkah registration in the union council doesn't mean that its automatically updated in the NADRA system. To get the NADRA marriage certificate you need to make an application (In writing) to the Secretary union council requesting the NADRA marriage certificate, there is a small fee involved, (three years ago it was 100 Rupees, not sure about now).

Next, you need the NADRA marriage certificate to get ur husband name on your NADRA card and NOT the NADRA card to get your marriage cert.

NADRA official will not make any change without the NADRA registered marriage cert. Under Pakistani law its a crime.

It's a straight forward process but you are out of the country that's why you are confused and seems lengthy. If you follow the steps what i mentioned in this thread will finally make you happy.

All the best.

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:51 pm

Understood. Thank you Calvin :)