ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 months short in 10 Year Long Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imran_shah
Newly Registered

6 months short in 10 Year Long Residence

Post by imran_shah » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:13 am

Hi

My visa expires in december and my 10 years long residency needs further 6 months to complete. I have spoken to the solicitor and there are a few options.

1. apply for Enterpreneur (I hold UK Master Degree)
2. Apply for home office discretionary leave
3. apply Tier 4 study

I am really confused what i should do in this scenario. I was just wondering if anyone else in this forum was faced with the similar situation and what steps he took. Please do respond.
Thanks

Ramos

Re: 6 months short in 10 Year Long Residence

Post by Ramos » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:23 pm

Did you apply for any option ?

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:57 pm

imran_shah wrote:Hi

My visa expires in december and my 10 years long residency needs further 6 months to complete. I have spoken to the solicitor and there are a few options.

3. apply Tier 4 study

I am really confused what i should do in this scenario. I was just wondering if anyone else in this forum was faced with the similar situation and what steps he took. Please do respond.
Thanks
Option 1 these days not very much attractive especially in the event of recent UKBA changes.

Option 2 might make sense, but depends how you play it.

Option 3 is totally off the table as there is 8 years limit on student visa / Tier 4.
N/A

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:03 am

imran_shah wrote:Hi

3. apply Tier 4 study

Thanks
I was short of 10 months i choose option 2 applied FLR FP application 2.5 months passed and i refused with right of appeal. Now 7.5 months left and i am in appeal process
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

smeer123
Newly Registered

Post by smeer123 » Mon May 04, 2015 12:16 am

Did u get ur ilr zee ali...?

smeer123
Newly Registered

Post by smeer123 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:29 am

Did u get ur ilr zee ali