ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent- confusing info from socilitor- T4 to T1 - £50,000?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

creamy.coffee.91
Newly Registered

Urgent- confusing info from socilitor- T4 to T1 - £50,000?

Post by creamy.coffee.91 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:54 am

Hello everyone,

I am currently holding a Tier 4 student visa which will expire on 30 Sep. I have been told by a socilitor that because I am a student, I can apply within 6 months from my graduation for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa with only £50,000 my own or family money in my bank account. I though this has to be £200,000? And clearly, the page: https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/ ... ment-funds did say that I can't use my personal money for investment funds.

I argued that they clearly say their that £50,000 could not be your own money but she says no. And she also explains: "a UK government department making funds available for the purpose of setting up or expanding a UK business" as a bank - which means I only need to have £50,000 in my account and a business plan then it 's alright...

PS: I also know about Graduate Entrepreneur visa and already has more than £1000 in savings , I am just still stuck a little bit on my business idea. I think the idea would work but I have not tried it out yet. Any experience on this visa would help a lot.

Thank you very much!