ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit and tax credits

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zia.mohamed
Newly Registered

Child benefit and tax credits

Post by zia.mohamed » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:16 am

I have recently received my ILR couple of weeks ago, I believe I am eligible for all the benefits. Have few questions would appreciate if you could clarify them please:

1) child benefit should be on my name if I am correct? But in the form it also ask my wife details I have filled up and sent will that affect or that's correct?

2) tax credits should be on joint names if I am correct? Have sent the form yet as have few questions:

3) as in the form it's asking for the previous year income which was more than 26,000 but that was one off salary as I had received in bonus this year my salary will be less than 26,000 how can I explain to them as nothing is in the form to clarify that?

4) will I be eligible for tax credit in the above situation?

5) I have already filed my wife's flr m application will that affect as I mentioned not claiming benefits in the form because I just started the process?

Amber
Mood:

Re: Child benefit and tax credits

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:55 am

zia.mohamed wrote:I have recently received my ILR couple of weeks ago, I believe I am eligible for all the benefits. Have few questions would appreciate if you could clarify them please:

1) child benefit should be on my name if I am correct? But in the form it also ask my wife details I have filled up and sent will that affect or that's correct?

Your name is correct, her details are also required.

2) tax credits should be on joint names if I am correct? Have sent the form yet as have few questions:

Yes.

3) as in the form it's asking for the previous year income which was more than 26,000 but that was one off salary as I had received in bonus this year my salary will be less than 26,000 how can I explain to them as nothing is in the form to clarify that?

Call the tax credit helpline.

4) will I be eligible for tax credit in the above situation?

If your annual income for the current tax year is lower than last year, you may get extra tax credits for the current year. The lower your income, the more tax credits you may get. But when your income goes down it might not affect your payments until the following year.

5) I have already filed my wife's flr m application will that affect as I mentioned not claiming benefits in the form because I just started the process?

No.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zia.mohamed
Newly Registered

Re: Child benefit and tax credits

Post by zia.mohamed » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:59 am

Thanks a lot amber