ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help required

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

Urgent help required

Post by Abdulw87 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi, i am new to this forum so hello to all.

i have to apply for my tier 4 visa, i was studying an undergraduate course and had to leave the cuorse before the final year due to some personal reasons. my first leave ended on 31/10/2010 and unfortunately i overstayed for 24 days.

i was told by my university international office that UKBA gives 28 days after your visa expiry to return home. a the airport iwas served a IS151A letter (three page letter) and the UKBA officer told me that i had a ban for one year but i checked on the internet and if you overstay less than 28 days you are not subject to a ban. at the airport my fingerprints were taken.

now i have to apply for a tier 4 visa and want to complete my course, i was instructed by a visa consultant in my country that if the UKBA officer did not put any stamp on your passport than you need not to mention your overstay in the application form but i am confused,

if i dont mention it and when the HO checks it, i fear i will get banned for 10 years and if i mention it i fear instant rejection and i cannot waste even more time for appeal because if i dont start my course this term i wont be able to do my course from this university and i have tried other universities which offer the same course and they dont take transfer student.

i would appreciate quick help as i have a day before i submit my application.

regards

P.S. i left the UK voluntarily and on my own expense.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:30 pm

Your university advisor was right, the IO and your 'visa consultant' are wrong.

You shouldn't face a ban if you overstayed for less than 28 days unless you have also done something else which might trigger a ban. See 320 7B

You should declare the overstay since they are already aware of it, and if you don't, you are correct that you will then risk a 10 year ban. Be honest and you should be OK. Consult with your university student advisor again and ignore the visa consultant he's clearly not worth the money you are paying him.
Last edited by Greenie on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

Post by Abdulw87 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:56 pm

thanks for the advice greenie, i was thinking the same thing that if they have my finger prints it would come up as soon as the check my file on computer,

advice from my visa consultant confused me but thanks for clearing it out.

tecno
Newly Registered

Urgent tier 4 served with IS151A

Post by tecno » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:01 pm

Hello everybody,
I am a final year student whose visa expired 7th October 2013 and was advised to extend my visa, I did so but unfortunately my visa was refused due to wrong financial documents. I was then advised by my university to appeal so I can submit another application so I did and my hearing was dated around July 2014.
As time went on early this year I was later advised to withdraw my appeal and travel back to my home country to reapply so I withdrew my appeal on the 27th of Feb 2014 and made arrangements for my travel before the 28days grace expires.so I left on the 20th of march because I had an appointment with my dentist, had to obtain letter of proof that I'm a student to bypass the council tax charges, tenancy agreements issues and finally see my project supervisor and submit existing coursework.on getting to Heathrow on the 20th march 2014 I was served this IS151A form by the immigration officer and he also wrote it on one of my visa page "served is151a on the 20th of march. Now I'm about to make a fresh application to return and continue as my university is about to issue my cas but I'm scared they might refuse my application...
Please experts and everybody look into this for me..
I'm worried

tecno
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help required

Post by tecno » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Hello everybody,
I am a final year student whose visa expired 7th October 2013 and was advised to extend my visa, I did so but unfortunately my visa was refused due to wrong financial documents. I was then advised by my university to appeal so I can submit another application so I did and my hearing was dated around July 2014.
As time went on early this year I was later advised to withdraw my appeal and travel back to my home country to reapply so I withdrew my appeal on the 27th of Feb 2014 and made arrangements for my travel before the 28days grace expires.so I left on the 20th of march because I had an appointment with my dentist, had to obtain letter of proof that I'm a student to bypass the council tax charges, tenancy agreements issues and finally see my project supervisor and submit existing coursework.on getting to Heathrow on the 20th march 2014 I was served this IS151A form by the immigration officer and he also wrote it on one of my visa page "served is151a on the 20th of march. Now I'm about to make a fresh application to return and continue as my university is about to issue my cas but I'm scared they might refuse my application...
Please experts and everybody look into this for me..
I'm worried

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

Post by Abdulw87 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Tecno, you should look up the article 320 7b , I am not sure if they have changed it or modified it recently. I am at work so can't check it myself for now but will have a look when I go home. But like in my case you left before the 28 Grace period ended you shouldn't be refused. Learn from my mistakes and apply for visa in ample time and write all the rules regarding your situation, if need be on a seperare sheet of paper and submit it with your application. I hope ukba won't refuse your visa application action but in case they do so, make sure you have enough time to put in an admin review/appeal before your studies commence. I relied on my initial application thinking it won't be refused and had to suffer the loss of another year.

tecno
Newly Registered

Post by tecno » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:31 am

Hello Abdul w87,
Have you been able to check the section 32b for updates
Please anybody with answers to my problem should please help a worried mind out.
Thanks

Smart choices
Newly Registered

Post by Smart choices » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi, With reference to what abdul said. So far as you are within the 28 day grace period, you should be fine. But make sure you mention your situation on a paper and add it to your current application. Also make sure you photocopy all of the documents before you make the application. Good luck