ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements photocopy?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aravindb4u

Bank statements photocopy?

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:33 am

Hello people,

I have a basic but silly question really.
I will be applying for ILR soon with my one dependant.
While submitting SET O form I understand that we have to submit photocopies of all documentary evidences.

I am having a joint account with my dependant. Both of our names appear on the bank statements.
Moreover the bank sends two copies of monthly statements (both copy having both of our names on it. :) )

I am just wondering instead of taking painful photocopies shall I submit 2 x set of identical originals of bank statements?

As said earlier both sets are original, identical and have both of our names on it.

Thanks

Casa

Re: Bank statements photocopy?

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:58 am

Yes, as long as you don't need one of the sets returned to you.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:04 am

Thanks Casa. Yes I am fine with one set taking back with me. :lol:

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:01 pm

Maybe I worded my post badly. What I should have said was that you won't get either set back. They will keep both the original and the other set as a 'copy'. It would be better to photocopy a set.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:08 pm

Thanks Casa for clarifying. :)
Infact I dont mind if they keep everything as long as I get my ILR , BRP and passport :)

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:43 pm

That's fine then. I just didn't want to mislead you.
(Casa, not CR001)

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Thanks Casa...Much appreciated. :)