ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mdobney11
Newly Registered

Tier 4 visa

Post by mdobney11 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi,
Am wondering if anyone can help me...
I have done 3 year undergraduate and 2 year MSc Environmental Management, so believe I have reached my 5 year cap.
Can I apply to do a MRes? Or would that be considered a masters as well and considered within my 5 years.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

sukhwindersingh

Re: Tier 4 visa

Post by sukhwindersingh » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:02 pm

hi,

no MRES would not count in 5 yrs cap as its research course, it can lead to phd in future , max you can study 8 yrs as tier 4 student

mdobney11
Newly Registered

Post by mdobney11 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:44 am

Hi sukhwindersingh
thanks for your reply, thats what i thought...but university of east london just replied to my MRes application and said "Our MRes programme is not exempt from this cap as it is a taught programme rather than a research masters. We will therefore not be able to proceed with your admission to UEL". which i am really disappointed about.

sukhwindersingh

Post by sukhwindersingh » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:48 pm

hi mdobney11,

thanks for your reply pls read this link it says that all courses listed in postgraduate research qualifications are exempt from 5 yrs and there is no limit if you study at HEI but max is 8 yrs in total as tier 4, MRES is listed in that list with MPhill and other, i may also be wrong but if i m wrong or misunderstood pls guide me

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... -on-study/

thanks waiting for your reply

mdobney11
Newly Registered

Post by mdobney11 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:53 am

hi sukhwindersingh,
sorry for the delayed response, and thank you for all your advice. you seem to be right, I just don't understand why the university are saying this course is not exempt from the 5 year cap. I am very frustrated at them, but thank you for help.

mdobney11
Newly Registered

Post by mdobney11 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:58 am

dear sukhwindersingh
maybe the university of east London are saying that the MRes course is not exempt from the 5 year cap because it is a taught course and therefore treated a normal MSc and I have already done my MSc and reached my 5 year cap. I think I should clarify this with them. Visas are so very confusing :(
regards,
michelle

shinepo
Newly Registered

Post by shinepo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Good day,

Am a student on a Tier 4 visa, My programme will finish on the 30th of September, 2014 and my visa will expire on the 30th of January, 2015. I would like to travel to my country on the 14th of September and return to the UK on the 22nd of September, 2014 before the official end date of my programme. Would i be deny entry to the UK and will any problems emanate

Hope to hear from the group.

Thanks

shinepo
Newly Registered

Reentering the UK on a Tier 4 visa

Post by shinepo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Good day,

Am a student on a Tier 4 visa, My programme will finish on the 30th of September, 2014 and my visa will expire on the 30th of January, 2015. I would like to travel to my country on the 14th of September and return to the UK on the 22nd of September, 2014 before the official end date of my programme. Would i be deny entry to the UK and will any problems emanate

Hope to hear from the group.

Thanks

mdobney11
Newly Registered

Post by mdobney11 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:29 pm

to shinepo,
I am not a visa expert by any means but I think as long as your visa is still valid you can re-enter without any problems at all. hope that helps