ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"URGENT"

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mirzhar

"URGENT"

Post by mirzhar » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:37 am

dear all

i need help.

I have permanent residence in Southern Ireland . I can go to uk with my wife without visa.

I was stopped by police while i was driving . Now situation is that i was ban from driving and my ban was finishing day after tomarrow when i was stopped.

I came back to ireland had unconditional bail. Now my wife can not have book holidays to go with me Uk to attend the court

And if i go myself i need visa.

wht if they issue my warrant .. will they come and get me in ireland .

What are the out come that if you drivng while you ban and your ban is only left for 2 days.

thanks

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:16 am

you broke the ban wether or not 2 days left or 2 years left.
You may have been driving for days before the police caught you as it seems rather strange that you could not wait the few days left until the ban expired.
And yes they will come and get you in southern Ireland

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:53 pm

mochyn wrote:you broke the ban wether or not 2 days left or 2 years left.
You may have been driving for days before the police caught you as it seems rather strange that you could not wait the few days left until the ban expired.
And yes they will come and get you in southern Ireland
Aren't some people total plonkers!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:44 am

I doubt that you will be pursued in Southern Ireland over an arrest warrant for failure to appear in court for a driving offence (albeit a serious one). But if you ever come to the UK, you will be arrested.
Stay in Southern Ireland.

mirzhar

thx

Post by mirzhar » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Thx rusty

u r super star .

I would like to add one thing here this forum is here to share problems and get solution

not to blame some one for wrong doing . I belive no one do that with this intention to get in trouble.

anyways. thx for feedback

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:12 pm

If you are married to an eu citizen, then its perfectly legal and possible for you to enter UK, provided you are accompanied by your wife and carrying your originals marriage certificate. The best way would be to appear in court and face the music. They will probably fine you and might ban you from driving in uk for x number of months. This ban will have no effect in Ireland though. It doesnt seem a good idea that you dont appear in court and always be on UK police national computer as a person wanted in UK. You also have the option to plead guilty or not guilty by post.

mirzhar

Uk Settlement visa

Post by mirzhar » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi

Does any one know how long UK embassy in Dublin taking to process visa application.

my time line is

online form : 22nd June
Finger print and doc submitted: 5th July
Processing time: still waiting

thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:19 pm

Average performance statistics can be found on the UKBA site. These are a very vague guide as they give no indication of individual circumstances which, of course, have a bearing on the speed of the outcome.

mirzhar

hey

Post by mirzhar » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks for your reply

I know it's says on the website of UKBA tht normal it takes 12 weeks . I was wondering if some one could share their experience regarding any VISA category applied here in UK Embassy Dublin

Looking forward more posts or exp

thx

mirzhar

uk husband visa timeline Dublin

Post by mirzhar » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Dear All

I applied for ILE on the basis of married to Uk citizen and living abroad for more then four years

We have one son who is Irish and British national

We submitted all docs on 5th July 2012 in British embassy dublin
Biometrics taken same day
Since then we did not heard any thing ?

Any suggestions and what are the possibilities as application submitted before the new rules comes

mirzhar

Uk Spouse visa

Post by mirzhar » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi

Grt i am back again for some advice I applied for uk spouse visa on 5 July 2012 Since then i did not heard any thing

I would like to know as i am applying from Eu country is in it should be quicker then the other non eu countries ?

2nd I knw they send all paper work in london office becz for some reason they are not processing any more visa application in Uk embassy Dublin

and last question if any one know that there was law that if you are married with British citizen and living abroad for more then four years then you can apply for ILE Right? Please correct me if i am wrong
But what now i heard after 9th July law is changed what if some one want to apply know what application should he/she do and what kind and how long will they get visa for ??

Many thanks hopefully will have some response thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:45 pm

The 4 year rule for ILE has been withdrawn under the new Regulations. A spouse visa will now be issued for 30 months and will then have to be extended for a further 30 months...giving 5 years in total before qualifying for ILR.

mirzhar

Post by mirzhar » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Hey Casa thanks for very quick reply

omg R u serious so there is no diff between some one who is abt or just married with British citizen and some one who is married and have kids and living happy life and want to return

ATleast there should be as UKBA main concern is the Genuine relationship which eliminate when years pass by and have family etc.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:09 pm

mirzhar wrote:Hey Casa thanks for very quick reply

omg R u serious so there is no diff between some one who is abt or just married with British citizen and some one who is married and have kids and living happy life and want to return
Yes all are now treated as one

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Please keep your posts in one post.That way you are more likely to get a response

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Unfortunately the main concern of the UKBA appears to be whether you are earning a high enough income to meet the new, tougher regulations. :?
But wait a moment. I've just re-read your original post and see that you applied before the rule change on the 9th July. Therefore your application should be decided under the old rules and you may well be issued with ILE - KOL required, which would mean that once you've passed the Life in the UK test you will be able to apply for ILR.

mirzhar

Post by mirzhar » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:05 pm

thx casa

yeah thts right i applied on the 5th just before they completely abolished ILE

finger crossed i hope i will get that .....:(

basically seems like ukba motives to makes money and only allowed rich people to enter in UK

I don't think tht will help Britain to come out from recession until they stop white collar crime

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:04 am

If the ECO doesn't issue you with ILE (KOL Req) you should contact them and request an amendment. It's easier to do this before you enter the UK.

mirzhar

Post by mirzhar » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:37 pm

thx casa

you make a smile 4 a sec as i will def or i got the visa

yeah i will make sure and will let every 1 knw the outcome as soon as i will have it

hopefully good news

mirzhar

please help

Post by mirzhar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:10 pm

I am non eu living in Ireland from last five with my British wife and have Irish born child who is British as well

I applied ILE visa back in June 2012 They refused my ILE visa becausie of some issues he raise in his refusal letter

Then i clear few things and i wrote back to visa officer and clear few things

Anyhow i got right of appeal and i applied for appeal now today i got letter from UKBA saying that Entry clearance officer has withdraw his decision and now my application will be consider as fresh and any out come will be notify me . And has told the Immigration tribunal of their decision.

Please any input ? is it good or bad

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:20 pm

You cannot apply for ILE if your application was made after July last year, as the rules have changed.

If however, your wife is working in Ireland, you can enter UK under EU law, just like you do in Ireland.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mirzhar

thanks obie

Post by mirzhar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:22 pm

hey thanks man for your reply

but my application date is 5th july last year and rule changed 7th july

now as letter says my application consider now as fresh how this will impact now?

mirzhar

Thank God

Post by mirzhar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Dear All ,

I apperiate every one who helped me , I would like to share the news that I got the Visa Settlement Spouse C (KOL Require) for 2 and half year . Last week was stamped on my passport.

Now I have a question If some one could advise me

1-I am currently working in Ireland near the border and Job is good , As my UK visa require KOL test , Can i take the test while living in Ireland I know there is one test centre in Belfast so just an hour away

2-I am due to apply for Stamp 5 , I was on EUFAM4 which is finishing now in 2 month time

3-Family is very comfortable either they live in Ireland or UK .

4-If I can take a test while living here in UK , As just after passing Test I can apply for ILR , Is it the requirement of ILR to live and work in UK

Much apperiated and thank you in advance

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Thank God

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Your post is not very clear, are you saying you live in Ireland under EEA rules but have switched to UK rules on a UK spouse visa?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Thank God

Post by physicskate » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Wanderer wrote:Your post is not very clear, are you saying you live in Ireland under EEA rules but have switched to UK rules on a UK spouse visa?

Also confused! A UK spouse visa/FLR does not allow you to work in Ireland. If you are working and living in the Republic of Ireland, you cannot apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK...