ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP! My friend has been sent to Immigration Removal Centre

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

micu
Newly Registered

HELP! My friend has been sent to Immigration Removal Centre

Post by micu » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:48 am

Hello, my I'm trying to help my best friend that has been taken to Dover Immigration Removal Centre by the immigration office last week, and I need to help him ASAP.

Basically two of my best friends decided to get married, one of them is from EU Country and another one is from Ghana. When they went to their local Register Office to ask about the advice on getting married he has been taken by the Immigration Office because he has overstayed his Visa for over 6 years.

As a result the officers assumed they wanted to get married only for visa purposes (they've been together for 10months before deciding to get married).

He's been working throughout all this time when being in UK, obviously because of overstayed visa he didn't have a contract, but the payments he was receiving were going into his bank account, so it should prove his employment throughout this period.

I went to few solicitors, but none of them were able to provide me any sufficient proofs that they would be able to argue the case.
My question what can be done for him to stay in the UK, and leave the Removal Centre as soon as possible, and also do you know any good solicitors that could help me with this case, and that won't cost a fortune.

I would appreciate any advice,
thanks for reading

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: HELP! My friend has been sent to Immigration Removal Cen

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:55 am

Did he ever use a false identity or passport?

I can't see any easy way out of this for your friend, other than return home and apply to marry in accordance with the immigration rules, there should be no ban if no fraud involved.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

micu
Newly Registered

Post by micu » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:02 pm

No, he has a normal passport with the expired visa

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:10 pm

micu wrote:No, he has a normal passport with the expired visa
Well thats good, deception like I mentioned usually means a ban even for marriage visas.

Anyway, can't see how he can escape not having to return home, then get married in his country (or a third country) and apply for EEA Family Permit.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:27 pm

How long has this person been in a relationship with this EEA national, and have they been living together over this period.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:33 pm

Obie wrote:How long has this person been in a relationship with this EEA national, and have they been living together over this period.
OP said 10 months Obie, thoughts in not clear if they lived together. Is 10 months enough even under EEA rules?

micu
Newly Registered

Post by micu » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Thanks for your replies.

Looks like he really will have to return to his country. One last question will there be any problems with him going returning to UK once he gets EEA family permit because of his earlier overstay???

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:31 pm

micu wrote:Thanks for your replies.

Looks like he really will have to return to his country. One last question will there be any problems with him going returning to UK once he gets EEA family permit because of his earlier overstay???
So long as he is married to an EEA citizen and said marriage isn't a sham there should be no problem....