ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Date vs Valid from date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AdeA
Newly Registered

Application Date vs Valid from date

Post by AdeA » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:04 pm

Am applying for ILR in January 2015 but got my dependent visa issued on the 17/7/2012 . Submitted my application and made all payments on the 2/7/2012. Do I qualify for 2years residency option and if not what are my options as my partner qualifies for ILR under tier 1 general in January 2015.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Application Date vs Valid from date

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:06 pm

If you submitted an application for spouse/partner of a settled/British/Refugee or HP before 9 July 2012, then you have transitional protection under Part 8 of the rules and fall under the 2 year route to settlement.

However, for PBS deps it may be that transitional protection is only for those granted leave before 9 July 2012, in such case you may fall under the 5 year route. Although you could argue that is unfair, this may need JR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.