ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Ancestry visa - calc continuous residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

speedster
Newly Registered

ILR - Ancestry visa - calc continuous residency

Post by speedster » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi,
This forum is great, it helped me gain my ILR and now I have citizenship! I am now helping my friend start to prepare to apply for ILR, and would appreciate any helpful comments, as I have read the guidance and it's not clear on the issue we have.

My friend has an ancestry visa and arrived in the Uk in 2007, since then has it extended and will expire in a couple more years.
Since 2007 she did move with her partner to NZ from 2008 until March 2010, for a year and a half.

With the continuously residency requirement and the ability to be out of the country for 180 days, can she count some of the time she was in NZ towards the first year count of 180 days?
Even though she was not in the UK at the start of the 5 year period?

Or does she have to wait until Feb (28 days before March) 2015 to apply for ILR?

thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR - Ancestry visa - calc continuous residency

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:23 pm

She may be able to consider part of the time as an absence as she had already entered the UK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

speedster
Newly Registered

Post by speedster » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:40 am

Amber thanks.
The only problem with the guidance is she won't be able to show she was working in the uk for that period.
So will that will an issue?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:22 pm

Economically active during an absence, do you mean?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.