ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

askim

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by askim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:10 pm

iamusmanghani wrote:Askim

these call centre staff at UKBA will use all these terms: 'that application is under process' " application is pending' etc etc
the fact is that they have very limited information available on their screen too so not much their fault. thats why i dont see any point calling as the most favourite argument which they like to give is that your application is still within the 6 months standard service standard so we will only be able to raise your query when 6 months have been passed.. so no point calling them.. all we can do is just wait and bloody wait

Applied 07 March 2014
I know I'm just so frustrated. I'm a teacher so I'm off for 6 weeks now and would love to go and see the family before our baby is born. I can't fly after September the 1st, so feel the days waisting away. It's also causing tensions at home now as my hubby wanted to go to a PEO, but being a teacher I wasn't allowed the time off to go, so the delay is all my fault!
SET M Via settlement Checking Service -05/03/14
Confirmation letter dated 10/03/14
Biometrics letter arrived- 26/03/14
Biometrics done- 28/03/14
IRL Granted after reconsideration (HO admin error) 18/12/14

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi askim, I know ur very frustrated but u shouldn't stress yourself out as u said ur carrying ur baby. Just pray to almighty and I believe someone will knock the door with a bunch of happiness for you very very soon. Just keep faith in god and everything will be in ur way. :-)

jamal80
Newly Registered

Post by jamal80 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:54 pm

askim wrote:
iamusmanghani wrote:Askim

these call centre staff at UKBA will use all these terms: 'that application is under process' " application is pending' etc etc
the fact is that they have very limited information available on their screen too so not much their fault. thats why i dont see any point calling as the most favourite argument which they like to give is that your application is still within the 6 months standard service standard so we will only be able to raise your query when 6 months have been passed.. so no point calling them.. all we can do is just wait and bloody wait

Applied 07 March 2014
I know I'm just so frustrated. I'm a teacher so I'm off for 6 weeks now and would love to go and see the family before our baby is born. I can't fly after September the 1st, so feel the days waisting away. It's also causing tensions at home now as my hubby wanted to go to a PEO, but being a teacher I wasn't allowed the time off to go, so the delay is all my fault!

Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing you can do unless you have very urgent travel needs so you can speed up the process. Obviously you need to prove this as well.

They do not take holiday as an urgent travel matter therefore best you can do is to pray and wait. Calling them everyday will get you no where.

Many people here including me are going or have gone through the same process many times so you learn to wait after some time.

zubair_hr

Post by zubair_hr » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:04 pm

pakistani wrote:Set M ILR Application applied through settlement checking service.

Applied on : 21/02/2014

Biometric received on: 12/03/2014

Biometric done on: 14/03/2014

Biometric card received: 26/06/2014.

Application has been successful. My better half is a British Citizen and also in receipt of some benefits. I posted this so this might help some people who are going to apply or have applied already and waiting.
Good luck to everyone.

Hi

I applied for my wife's ILR yesterday via Settlement Checking Service.
Was your partner in receipt of Child Tax and Working Tax credits?
Did HO ask for any additional documents?
For Biometrics do you have to book an appointment or is a walk in service in the Post office?

Thanks for your help.

Zubair

askim

Post by askim » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:25 am

I'm sorry I can't answer your questions about working tax credits. For biometrics they send you a letter and you go to the nearest post office that offers that service (they don't all do it) You don't need an appointment but you can't go until the letter comes.

Happy Eid to all my Muslim friends on here or iyı bayramlar benim Türk arkadaşlar.

Here is wishing all March applicants a successful week x

askim

Post by askim » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:18 pm

A story on Radio 4 this morning about the passport delays and strikes implied that people are being pulled from other areas of the home office to speed up passports. Could be why we have suddenly gone from a 4.5 month wait to now what's looking like a 5.5 -6 month wait for decisions.

cemaat
Newly Registered

Post by cemaat » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:27 pm

ILR after 6 Year Discretionary Leave SET(O)

Submission date: 10/ 06/ 2014
Payment deducted: 12/06/ 2014
Bio Metric sent: 27/06/2014 received 26/06/2014
still waiting...

Happy eid everybody!! Guzel bayram gecirmek dilegiyle!

askim

Post by askim » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:14 pm

So guys we now really need your help. We included in our application 2 English Pass certificates. I was a bit unsure about the IELTS one, so I included the City and Guilds one that I knew fit the requirements. The Settlement Checking Service said both were fine and so include both.

Today our ILR was not granted. The IELTS certificate was on the top and they said it's not good enough. There is no mention of the other City and Guilds certificate. They obviously have not looked past the first page, but the letter says we can't appeal?

It's so wrong as the checking service even phoned up and got both certificates approved.

HELP?

Thesmalik
Newly Registered

Post by Thesmalik » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Applied 07 March 2014[/quote]

I know I'm just so frustrated. I'm a teacher so I'm off for 6 weeks now and would love to go and see the family before our baby is born. I can't fly after September the 1st, so feel the days waisting away. It's also causing tensions at home now as my hubby wanted to go to a PEO, but being a teacher I wasn't allowed the time off to go, so the delay is all my fault![/quote]

hi iamusmanghani
i applied for my ILR at croydon PEO as premium one day service on 20th december 2014 and still i am waiting for decision, its not your fault its home office, they charge us but not giving us good service and creating more problems for us at home and family

askim

Post by askim » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Thesmalik wrote:Applied 07 March 2014
I know I'm just so frustrated. I'm a teacher so I'm off for 6 weeks now and would love to go and see the family before our baby is born. I can't fly after September the 1st, so feel the days waisting away. It's also causing tensions at home now as my hubby wanted to go to a PEO, but being a teacher I wasn't allowed the time off to go, so the delay is all my fault![/quote]

hi iamusmanghani
i applied for my ILR at croydon PEO as premium one day service on 20th december 2014 and still i am waiting for decision, its not your fault its home office, they charge us but not giving us good service and creating more problems for us at home and family[/quote]

Thank you for the support. I hope you get yours sorted soon.
This whole crazy English test certificate thing is crazy. How can they refuse us ILR for not passing a test we passed twice?

askim

Post by askim » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:10 pm

I've also just done a freedom of information request search and found a letter from the HO saying that you could get an overall score of 2.5 or lower in the IELTS English exam, but as long as you got 4 or above in speaking and the same on listening you would be fine. My husband got 5 in both and an overall score including writing and reading of 3.5. Why is this such a nightmare? I've been in tears since we got the letter and he won't speak.

I've emailed my MP and will phone her in the morning if I get no sense out of the HO.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:55 am

@ Askim, Sorry to hear the the bad news. Hopefully you could get this decision overturned by getting your MP to look into it.

It has been 19 weeks for us, still no news. We have everything on hold because of this. Pray we hear good news this week.

Can you all please put up dates or number of weeks it's been for you, so we all can get a rough idea regards to waiting time. Thanks.

Good luck All
Allah is the greatest!

Seeker26
Newly Registered

Post by Seeker26 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:54 am

askim wrote:So guys we now really need your help. We included in our application 2 English Pass certificates. I was a bit unsure about the IELTS one, so I included the City and Guilds one that I knew fit the requirements. The Settlement Checking Service said both were fine and so include both.

Today our ILR was not granted. The IELTS certificate was on the top and they said it's not good enough. There is no mention of the other City and Guilds certificate. They obviously have not looked past the first page, but the letter says we can't appeal?

It's so wrong as the checking service even phoned up and got both certificates approved.

HELP?
I am so sorry to hear this Askim....! Not sure when and where I read that we need overall of 4 band in IELTS to make it equal to B1. I can be wrong as I vaguely remember this information. Please do not lose heart and look out the ways you can do to sort it out..! I am sure you'll find some way to appeal or make your other test valid...!

Just think you application is taking little longer..! Good luck.

askim

Post by askim » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Thanks guys

Today I have had to do a written request for reconsideration. This has two main points
1) UKBA told the Settlement checking service that our IELTS was fine.
2) even if it wasn't why didn't they just use the city and guilds English pass certificate?

It's another 3 page letter with 14 pages of evidence. Let's hope it's not another 6 months.

Jloc1985
Newly Registered

Post by Jloc1985 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:28 pm

I applied for an ILR Set (O) in April via the postal application. Because of a new work opportunity, I'm considering withdrawing my application and applying with the premium service.

Does anyone have experience withdrawing applications? How long does it take to get the documents back?

If you go for the same day service, will you walk out of the meeting with all the documents you need to start work?

Here's my current timeline. I feel like I'm close, but not sure if I can risk waiting another six weeks:

Posted: April 22nd
Fees taken: April 24th
Letter received: April 25th
Biometrics done: May 6th

Thanks everyone.

iamusmanghani
Newly Registered

Post by iamusmanghani » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:35 pm

ASKIM:

EID MUBARAK TO YOU AND EVERY OTHER MEMBER IN THIS FORUM

I am sorry to hear that UKBA added to your stress by making a wrong decision. But dont worry you will get it now as they know very well that a lower tribunal hearing will approve your case when it meets all the criteria. I wish you all the best. and wish everyone else all the best.

with my case.... its just waiting and waiting for me. I have now stopped waiting as i waiting has caused even more stress.

Applied 07 March 2014
Biometrics Done: 25 March 2014
Decision: waiting

enjoy eid ... its gonna be fine

iamusmanghani
Newly Registered

Post by iamusmanghani » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:54 pm

Jloc1985.

When is your existing right of work expire?
if it has now expired then you should never withdraw your application. because then you will be classed as an overstayer off your current leave of remain and you will lose all rights of stay or even applying within the UK. they will ask you to leave the country and apply from your country of origin. So dont withdraw your application unless you still have your right of work leave remaining.

Hope i answered your question to the best of my knowledge.
thanks

iamusmanghani
Newly Registered

Post by iamusmanghani » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:56 pm

Thesmalik

Thank you very much for your support. Really appreciate.

So you applied for the same day service at an PEO in december?

did they not take the decision on the same day?

and its now over six months since you applied, still no decision?

please elaborate for everyone else's understanding

thanks a lot

Jloc1985
Newly Registered

Post by Jloc1985 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:49 pm

iamusmanghani wrote:Jloc1985.

When is your existing right of work expire?
if it has now expired then you should never withdraw your application. because then you will be classed as an overstayer off your current leave of remain and you will lose all rights of stay or even applying within the UK. they will ask you to leave the country and apply from your country of origin. So dont withdraw your application unless you still have your right of work leave remaining.

Hope i answered your question to the best of my knowledge.
thanks
Thanks iamusmanghani! luckily, I still have a little time on my current work permit so I'm not at risk.

I just want to make sure the process of withdrawing and reapplying will be quick, otherwise it won't be worth it.

Is there anyone else applying with Set (O) out there who can give an indication of the current wait times?

mooga_14
Newly Registered

Post by mooga_14 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:31 pm

I am waiting since the 23rd of December '13. Biometrics was submitted on the 20th of January '14. I did call the HO 4 weeks ago after 6months had elapsed but they simply said 'application is still under consideration'. Is very stressful indeed.. Application type is 'SET O' Old 5 yrs work permit category..

Thesmalik
Newly Registered

Post by Thesmalik » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:56 pm

iamusmanghani wrote:Thesmalik

Thank you very much for your support. Really appreciate.

So you applied for the same day service at an PEO in december?

did they not take the decision on the same day?

and its now over six months since you applied, still no decision?

please elaborate for everyone else's understanding

thanks a lot
hi "iamusmanghani"

i applied at croydon PEO for one day service on 20th of August 2013 with the help of solicitor , we waited there for so long caz every one was getting decisions n we were waiting in queue and at the end they called me and hand over this latter saying "need more time for some checks" plus case worker didn't come out to see us, we ask how long n they replied around 2 weeks, then we came back home and start waiting, they spoiled our almost 7 months, we cant travel. i called them to ask but they got one standard answer "Its in process" then they told us we have to wait 6 months, i contacted my MP on 9th July about this, they then write them a latter but up till now no reply , we are so stressed and worried and don't know what to do, please please if some one know something please help me.

Desert Storm
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Post by Desert Storm » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:29 am

Application type: SET (M)
No of Dependents: 0
Current leave expiry: 03.04.14
Application method: self next day delivery
Sponsor: salaried
Date of application: 01.04.14
Date of application received at HO: 02.04.14
Date of payment debited: 04.04.14
Date of acknowledgement: 07.04.13 dated 03.04.13
Date of bio-metrics received: 14.04.14 dated 10.04.14
Date bio-metrics completed: 15.04.14
Date of decision:
Date of originals received:

Date of further documents request: 30.07.14
(received letter from HO dated 25th July asking for further proof of cohabitation in the form of letters addressed to me and my partner in the same address, even though we provided huge pile of them but we were shocked to have been asked again)
Date further documents submitted: 31.07.14 by next date delivery

cat.katy
Newly Registered

Post by cat.katy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:38 am

Hello!
Finally this day comes...

SET (M)
11/03/2014 - Applied via Checking Service
14/03/2014 - payout fee £1.051
19/03/2014 - received confirm letter from H.O.
22/03/2014 - received invite letter for biometric
27/03/2014 - submit biometric at post office
31/07/2014 - approval letter dated 28/07/2014.
31/07/2014 - BRP card received separately, singed for

Documents to submit SET (M) - who applied before changes 8 july 2012 for spouse visa

1. Life in the UK exam certificat
2. ESOL English B1 lavel certificate
3. Marriage certificate
4. Previews divorce certificate
5. Birth certificate of our son
5. Document shows that husband own this home/mortgage, it not rent or council house
6. Recent bank account/building society staitment and pay slips evidencing employment for you/husband
7. Bank account/building society staitment evidencing any savings of you/your partner
8. Photo of main applicant 2xpassport size
9. Photo of husband/wife of main applicant 2xpassport size
10. Main applicant passport
11. Husband's passport - only copy of each page in passport
12. 6 letters / or other document addressed to you and your partner at same address as evidence that you and your partner lived together during the past 2 years. (see note 8 in form page 30)
13. Form Set(M) singed, with all information filled in.

Good luck guys..
Kate
xx

iamusmanghani
Newly Registered

Post by iamusmanghani » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:07 pm

@@@@@cat.katy@@@@@
cat.katy

congratulations for your decision. its very helpful when members post their timelines. it does encourage for those waiting

my timeline is:

applied via checking service: 07 March 2014
Biometrics completed: 25 March 2014

good luck everyone

cat.katy
Newly Registered

Post by cat.katy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Thank you very much, iamusmanghani!
I hope soon you will get your too! Just got to be close!
It is so hard to wait, when you know that your life in this country under someone else's decision, even if you 100% sure you have to get it as you have done documentation right.

Big luck to you! :-)
iamusmanghani wrote:@@@@@cat.katy@@@@@
cat.katy

congratulations for your decision. its very helpful when members post their timelines. it does encourage for those waiting

my timeline is:

applied via checking service: 07 March 2014
Biometrics completed: 25 March 2014

good luck everyone