ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:44 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Tier 4 wrote: ASA Shahjee,
I have a question to ask ; when you applied for your wife FLR M did you attach original nikah nama / marriage certificate or its certified copy? Or you did not attached any thing?

Or if any one have applied FLR M / FLR FP you guys attached marriage certificate too. I am applying FLR FP for my wife next month along with mine SET LR. Many thanks
Hi Tier4,
Yes I submitted original Nikah Nama in English, all registered and certified. Many thanks.
Kind regard
Shahjee
khanzada123 wrote:Original Nikah Nama with English Translation .
Many thanks to both of you guys.
N/A

CKP

Post by CKP » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi T.Ahmed

Hi brother what did you fill in the section D14 of set (lr) form, is where you born or ties in the country where you lived for five years.

I am filling mine very soon help please.

Thanks

T.Ahmad wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:
T.Ahmad wrote:Submitted my Set (LR) Application today on 8 years Student 2 years PSW.

how could i put it on google drive?

also my wife joined me on April 2008 does she still needs to apply for FLR(M), i did not submitted her application yet, our both visa expiring on 15 August ?
can anyone advice please?
Hi T.Ahmad,
Regards to your wife, you are right she need to apply for FLR(M) before 15th August. With that application you need to send them a covering letter explaining that the Home Office should put her application on hold until they reach final decision on your application, because she is your dependent and you are her sponsor. I hope it help. All the best with your and your Mrs applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Thank You ShahJee.
Also I forgot to mention my daughter who born here, i skipped her application from my wife form. i will register her after my ILR insahallah.
any Tips for my daughter matter? need to mention in cover letter ?

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:26 am

die_hard wrote:Yes, that is correct, ILR (LR) dependants have to wait now for 5 years after they get their FLR(M). This is regardless whether the dependant came before July 2012 or not. They can't combine their previous leave. The clock resets to zero as soon as the dependant get their FLR(M) visa which would be initially for 2.5 years and would need another extension for 2.5 years after which they can apply for their ILR. This rule came into effect from 6th April 2014.
[/quote]
are rules same if your dependent apply from inside uk or outside uk and how much time they could spend outside UK in those 5 years in order to qualify for ILR?

redrosekhan
Newly Registered

Post by redrosekhan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:03 am

hi
i got my ilr yesterday my mrs is living with me currently on tier 1 dependent visa.
question was can she apply for ilr straightaway as she is living in uk since 2006 and spend nearly 6 years as a points based system visa such as tier 4 dependent psw dependent tier 1 dependent.shah jee replied to my question that all them previous years stay will be considered null.and void and she will have to live more 5 years to qulify for ilr but many people say tht time spend on points bases system they will count it toward ilr please reply anyone who have more information about .thankyou.also how long MN1 applications take now a days?is it good to apply via council or just post it without paying extra fee to council people thanks

Malavan
Newly Registered

Post by Malavan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:56 am

redrosekhan wrote:hi
i got my ilr yesterday my mrs is living with me currently on tier 1 dependent visa.
question was can she apply for ilr straightaway as she is living in uk since 2006 and spend nearly 6 years as a points based system visa such as tier 4 dependent psw dependent tier 1 dependent.shah jee replied to my question that all them previous years stay will be considered null.and void and she will have to live more 5 years to qulify for ilr but many people say tht time spend on points bases system they will count it toward ilr please reply anyone who have more information about .thankyou.also how long MN1 applications take now a days?is it good to apply via council or just post it without paying extra fee to council people thanks

Hi,
That's a grey area but every one saying at the moment 5 years she has to wait.
My wife came 2007 same as your wife as a student dependent but im going to apply by person go in there fill both form Flrm and set M and ask them which one is right?
About my child im going to apply the passport straight before to submitting MN1 if they refuse then im going to submit MN1 but in this way I risk only £80 passport way because my child born the time when my application was in home office for ILR.

gbengi
Newly Registered

Post by gbengi » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:19 am

Thank God.

Appeal date 25 April
Our appeal was allowed on 30 April
ILR received 17 July. 

Freedom at last with peace for my family.

agbinigie
Newly Registered

Post by agbinigie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi All,

This forum really helped to keep me going when I was waiting for my ILR (LR) so I thought I would share my timeline:

Mar 18th: Application sent to Home Office
1st Apr: Request for Biometrics received. Biometrics done and sent same day
25th July: Rang Home Office for status update and was told a decision has been made and dispatched
28th July: Letter arrived today telling me my ILR had been granted
BRP received: Waiting

I also made an FOI to the Home Office that detailed the following:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-542523

It was very useful as it gave me information that made me understand that it would take about 20 working days on average to clear a month's worth of applications. Also if you ring up the Home Office for a status update on 0300 123 2241 they can tell you what month of received applications the caseworkers are currently on.

They started working on March applications on the 1st July.

Hope this helps someone and hold on in faith for those still waiting.

Best

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi Everyone and Eid Mubarak..
Alhamdullilah , received my documents at my solicitor that ILR granted, Double Happiness Eid and Approval. Will share my whole story later. Thanks to all who supported in this forum specially Amber :)
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi Guys

I have quick question.I rang HO just now lady told me that a package has been sent on Friday i sent special delivery envelop with my application but can't note down the number.The royal mail tracking no lady gave me is for special delivery that i sent but if they sent that special delivery i should have received it on Saturday but i didn't receive it even today.it saying can't confirm status of ur delivery.
bit worried why it taking so long

guys pray that every thing will be ok

Regards

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:01 pm

c4551m wrote:Hi Everyone and Eid Mubarak..
Alhamdullilah , received my documents at my solicitor that ILR granted, Double Happiness Eid and Approval. Will share my whole story later. Thanks to all who supported in this forum specially Amber :)
Congrats and enjoy ur eid pray for me they sent me package on friday not receive yet hopefull will receive it tomorrow

wish you best of luck for future

Regards

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:03 pm

agbinigie wrote:Hi All,

This forum really helped to keep me going when I was waiting for my ILR (LR) so I thought I would share my timeline:

Mar 18th: Application sent to Home Office
1st Apr: Request for Biometrics received. Biometrics done and sent same day
25th July: Rang Home Office for status update and was told a decision has been made and dispatched
28th July: Letter arrived today telling me my ILR had been granted
BRP received: Waiting

I also made an FOI to the Home Office that detailed the following:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-542523

It was very useful as it gave me information that made me understand that it would take about 20 working days on average to clear a month's worth of applications. Also if you ring up the Home Office for a status update on 0300 123 2241 they can tell you what month of received applications the caseworkers are currently on.

They started working on March applications on the 1st July.

Hope this helps someone and hold on in faith for those still waiting.

Best
Congrats and enjoy ur feedom

best of luck for future

remember in ur prayers

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Dear members and silent readers,
First of all Happy Eid day to all members who celebrate Eid.
I am writing to let you guys know about our experience at Croydon PEO for my wife and daughters SET(M).
We reached Lunar house Croydon PEO at around 11:00 am appointment time, the guards at the door were brilliant and as appointment was already booked so we were taken almost straight in. One of the security guy took us to the 3rd floor where at the first count the appointment time was checked and the fee paid receipt was checked and a ticket number issued.
We were than directed to wait for our turn in the cafeteria/waiting area. The screen there was helpful for us to know that it was about to be our turn. Next we were called to another desk to get the application registered and do the computer input, that was around11:27 am.
Next we were send to wait in another area to get the biometric done, that took another 30 minutes.
We were told to leave all the application material and supporting documents with them and go and wait in the cafeteria. They said that it might take another 90 minutes for them to decide and if there is any thing they will call us to discuss.
We go back to the waiting area and than it was a non stop look at what was happening to our ticket number. On the screen it keep gone through the stages of verifying the biometric details, than it jumped to case waiting for consideration and than to case under consideration, and at this final stage it just took 10- 15 minutes and than it jumped to documents ready for collection and that the ticket number will be called in some time.
Finally after a total wait of almost 2 hours we were called and given the good news that the application is successful and that biometric cards will be send out in 7-10 working days. No questions asked, absolutely brilliant. I made sure get the photocopies of all the documents that I was submitting, and looks like all that was welcomely received by the Home Office. Over all a very smooth and nice experience.
For the people who don't know about my dependents visa history, I give it as under
My SET(LR) was pending when I realised that Home Office was about to change the rules on the 06th April 2014, regards to SET(LR) dependents, and after that they will lose on any time that they have already spend in this country and have to start all over again and spend 5 more years to qualify for their ILR, hence I sprung into action and applied for their FLR(M) on the 02nd of April 2014 and requested the Home Office to hold the decision on their application till my case is decided.
My SET(LR) was granted on the 12th of June and immediately after that on the 16th of June FLR(M) was granted for my wife and daughters for 2 years under old rules, as they were pre July 2012 PBS dependent and also they applied before the rule change of 06th April 2014.
I applied for their SET(M) for today's date at Croydon PEO, and you guys know the rest of the story.
Many thanks for all the best wishes that we have received for all that time. My best wishes for all you guys who are waiting and who are about to apply.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:18 pm

NasirNNN wrote:Hi Guys

I have quick question.I rang HO just now lady told me that a package has been sent on Friday i sent special delivery envelop with my application but can't note down the number.The royal mail tracking no lady gave me is for special delivery that i sent but if they sent that special delivery i should have received it on Saturday but i didn't receive it even today.it saying can't confirm status of ur delivery.
bit worried why it taking so long

guys pray that every thing will be ok

Regards
Hello Nasir Bahi,
Eid Mubarak. Don't worry your self, didn't I said to you almost there. Well done, it is a good news your way. Congratulations, well deserved. Keep us posted please.
Kind regards
Shahjee

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:59 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
NasirNNN wrote:Hi Guys

Hello Nasir Bahi,
Eid Mubarak. Don't worry your self, didn't I said to you almost there. Well done, it is a good news your way. Congratulations, well deserved. Keep us posted please.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Khair Mubarak Shahjee Eid Mubarak to you as well

thanks for ur encouragement hope every things well

what tym i can track this packet shahjee what's ur experience

today is 28th ur appointment for SET(M) was today??please update

once again Shahjee thank you so much for ur help

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:11 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:Dear members and silent readers,
I am writing to let you guys know about our experience at Croydon PEO for my wife and daughters SET(M).
We reached Lunar house Croydon PEO at around 11:00 am appointment time, the guards at the door were brilliant and as appointment was already booked so we were taken almost straight in. One of the security guy took us to the 3rd floor where at the first count the appointment time was checked and the fee paid receipt was checked and a ticket number issued.
We were than directed to wait for our turn in the cafeteria/waiting area. The screen there was helpful for us to know that it was about to be our turn. Next we were called to another desk to get the application registered and do the computer input, that was around11:27 am.
Next we were send to wait in another area to get the biometric done, that took another 30 minutes.
We were told to leave all the application material and supporting documents with them and go and wait in the cafeteria. They said that it might take another 90 minutes for them to decide and if there is any thing they will call us to discuss.
We go back to the waiting area and than it was a non stop look at what was happening to our ticket number. On the screen it keep gone through the stages of verifying the biometric details, than it jumped to case waiting for consideration and than to case under consideration, and at this final stage it just took 10- 15 minutes and than it jumped to documents ready for collection and that the ticket number will be called in some time.
Finally after a total wait of almost 2 hours we were called and given the good news that the application is successful and that biometric cards will be send out in 7-10 working days. No questions asked, absolutely brilliant. I made sure get the photocopies of all the documents that I was submitting, and looks like all that was welcomely received by the Home Office. Over all a very smooth and nice experience.
For the people who don't know about my dependents visa history, I give it as under
My SET(LR) was pending when I realised that Home Office was about to change the rules on the 06th April 2014, regards to SET(LR) dependents, and after that they will lose on any time that they have already spend in this country and have to start all over again and spend 5 more years to qualify for their ILR, hence I sprung into action and applied for their FLR(M) on the 02nd of April 2014 and requested the Home Office to hold the decision on their application till my case is decided.
My SET(LR) was granted on the 12th of June and immediately after that on the 16th of June FLR(M) was granted for my wife and daughters for 2 years under old rules, as they were pre July 2012 PBS dependent and also they applied before the rule change of 06th April 2014.
I applied for their SET(M) for today's date at Croydon PEO, and you guys know the rest of the story.
Many thanks for all the best wishes that we have received for all that time. My best wishes for all you guys who are waiting and who are about to apply.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Shahjee sorry i didn't read good news u know i am bit nervous anout my case so just going through mail and read ur mail shahje very very happy for you,accept my most warm congratulations u deserve it.ur the person who is helping everybody in this forum and Aallh gives you the reward
best of luck for future and remember in ur prayers
shahjee what a wonderful Eid u had once again congratulations

malik15

Post by malik15 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi all,

I applied on 17th March and am still waiting. Is there anyone who applied around the same time and is waiting for the decision as well.

I called the HO again today but heard the same reply " still pending".

Regards
Malik

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:15 pm

malik15 wrote:Hi all,

I applied on 17th March and am still waiting. Is there anyone who applied around the same time and is waiting for the decision as well.

I called the HO again today but heard the same reply " still pending".

Regards
Malik
Hi Malik

I applied on 17th of March i am still waiting,i called home office and lady give same reply still pending when i ask her is case with caseworker then she said to me hold for some time and she said a packet was sent to me on friday she gave reference no ,although i didn't receive packet yet as i can't trace it yet but hopefully will receive packet tomorrow,remember in ur prayers and best luck for ur ILR hopefully u will receive in couple of days

Regards

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:47 pm

NasirNNN wrote:
Shahjee sorry i didn't read good news u know i am bit nervous anout my case so just going through mail and read ur mail shahje very very happy for you,accept my most warm congratulations u deserve it.ur the person who is helping everybody in this forum and Aallh gives you the reward
best of luck for future and remember in ur prayers
shahjee what a wonderful Eid u had once again congratulations
Nasir Bahi thanks a lot for your kind words, I really appreciate that.
Regards to your package that you said you have the reference number for from the Home Office, I am surprised if they have send it out to you on Friday than ideally you should have received it by now. Wait till tomorrow noon, otherwise please confirm with the Home Office again to make sure that you got the right info, in my experience before mine and my wife visa arrived, the Royal Mail special delivery tracking online status was already updated. I would say they are quite good in that, if they are still saying that there is no update than I would double check the information again with the Home Office. Looking at the time line it is your turn anyways, and probability is that the information is right and a package is on the way for you. Hope for the best and stay positive and INSHALLAH it will be good news. Will be waiting for an update from you for tomorrow. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Lemar
Newly Registered

Post by Lemar » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:26 am

Morning all,

I need to cancel our peo for this morning , baby not well.

I can't do it online any longer as it's too late. Does anyone know which number I could call please?

Malavan
Newly Registered

Post by Malavan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:56 am

Guys,
How much is the application at peo for FLRM?

aliakbar
Newly Registered

Post by aliakbar » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:03 am

hi all,

i am in UK since Oct 2004. since may 2013 i was in the appeal and my leave extended under section 3c till December 2013.

i did submit the application again within 28 days. which refused by the home office, judicial review filed and went to oral hearing but

its also refused on 07/2014. i would like to know that if i could go for court of appeal to complete my 10 years long residency would it

be right thing do because i am on temporary admission at the moment and report every 4 weeks to the local office would highly

appreciate your kind reply regarding this.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:41 am

Hi Malavan,
Yes you are right, you have to show evidence that you are earning £18600. In addition you have to show either 6 documents in joint names of you and your Mrs or 12 documents in total if it is in individual names. Could be bank statements, utility bills, tenancy agreement, tax office letters, medical records any official correspondence. I hope it helps.all the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

Hi Malavan,
Yes pay slips, P60 any things that prove that you are earning £18,600, the income can be collective house hold, means you and your Mrs together.
She will be issued with a 2.5 years visa extendable for another 2.5, for a collective 5 years, and after that 5 year she will qualify for her ILR, I am afraid she can't apply for ILR straight away, she need to spend a new qualifying time of 5 years, any time that she has already spend in the country is null and void and is not counted to her qualifying time for ILR. I hope it helps. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]
Shahjee,
You been very helpful to everyone here. I have two questions. You mentioned above that 12 documents required for each individual to claim their cohabitation. Does medical history from different addresses for example. GP, hospital and other associated source would consider single documents or they all consider as individual document? . Also you told one of the thread above that anyone applying for FLR M after 6 April 2014 would have to spend 5 yrs to get ILR or is their any transition period for those who came prior to 9 July 2012. This is a contentious issue and there is already a long debate on this but still not concluded yet.

Many thanks

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:52 am

Congratulations Shahjee.......

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:09 am

shahjee1234 wrote:Dear members and silent readers,
Kind regards
Shahjee

Shahgee Heartly Congratultions

You done a god job. A lot of prays behind you trust me... Please carry on as you doing last many months to encourage and help everybody here in this Forum. God bless you....

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:47 am

Allham do lillah by grace of Allah i received my BRP and documents today.

Approval letter was issued on 25/07/14.

i would like to thanks all members for their help,support and valuable suggestions.

Special thanks for Shahjee and Kashif for ur moral support and valuable suggestions better than any qualified solicitor.

i am now relaxed hope will receive my wife FLR(M) in few days.

Thanks once again and best of luck for all those members who are waiting

Regards