ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eu 5 refused 2 option has been givin what to do

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aquaris
Newly Registered

eu 5 refused 2 option has been givin what to do

Post by aquaris » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:29 am

Hello every 1,

My eu5 application has been refused that my wife did not have insurance at the time of devorce. Anyway i have been giving two option 1. Apeal it 2. Visa stamp 4 unber national law untill dec 2015 they said their is few good cases wich already gone to the ECJ and we are waiting for their decision if decision come out by then. The minister will revew ur application at current interpetation from ECJ or if we never heard any thing till dec 2015 we will be contenusly extend ur stamp4 plz advice me what to do. Any reply will be much helpfull thanks

janet0001

Re: eu 5 refused 2 option has been givin what to do

Post by janet0001 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:13 am

How long did ur marriage last b4 initiating divorce?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:42 am

Man you are very lucky that DOJ offered you to renew your stamp 4 until 2015. I would say defiantly renew your visa and DO NOT go to the appeal procedure, DOJ will not accept your appeal until the court outcome and GOD knows how long would that take....

Next, your case is getting more and more stronger when you are living in the state legally. Make sure you are not claiming social welfare, keep away from any trouble in terms or criminal offenses and Garda attention. Make sure you have a job and you would have great chance to get permanent visa and in the mean time you can qualify for Naturalization.

If you go to the appeal process, you can get illigal, you can loose your job for having no visa and you will have gap in your visa and therefore cannot apply for naturalization. So stay away from appeal and extend your visa as a stamp 4.

Make sure you send a letter to DOJ as a "REGISTERED POST".

Good Luck

aquaris
Newly Registered

Post by aquaris » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:55 am

We got devorce after 6.5 years but to be honest i did not had that much prove toghther that we were living and also my wife never worked as well during this time.

Thanks calvin i already applied for citizenship in 2011 but still waiting as i have been in court all tho i was not convicted or fine judge struk off my case strait away but still no decision has been mad. I just wanted to ask you about theprocedure of stamp 5 as i will be on stamp 4 for 8 years if i got visa till dec 2015.

spicy
Newly Registered

Post by spicy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi Aquaris,

My case is same like you, I got 4 years STAMP 4 EU FAM when my application approved first time after six months verification in March 2010. They gave me four years visa due to my passport was expiring within four years the day I got the STAMP 4 EU FAM. However, I got separated from my spouse after there and half years. I've submitted form 5 and DOJ got back to me exactly after six months from the submission date asking for divorce certificate and the activities of my spouse within the last three and half year. My spouse didn't work much. She worked just over a year only. Well, DOJ also send me a letter advising me to go to the GNIB to get rest of the one year visa. I went to the GNIB and got rest of the one year visa in my new passport. I don't know what will happen after this visa expires. I even don't know, how to manage divorce certificate as in Ireland, both person has to be separated for four years to get divorced. What a bloody law?

Well, I've insurance for myself and for my spouse since September 2009 to till date.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:23 am

@ spicy

Forget about the divorce in Ireland, It is a long waiting process and you do not have much time in hand to sort out this MAJOR problem. If you are not divorced DOJ will rip you in parts as they only accept two things:

You should be married and ur spouse should be exercising treaty rights OR

You should be divorced and should have a proof of it...

Contact your spouse and sort out your divorce with mutual agreement in her country. 99.9% of divorces that are submitted in DOJ are foreign.

Hope that helps!

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:14 pm

aquaris wrote:We got devorce after 6.5 years but to be honest i did not had that much prove toghther that we were living and also my wife never worked as well during this time.

Thanks calvin i already applied for citizenship in 2011 but still waiting as i have been in court all tho i was not convicted or fine judge struk off my case strait away but still no decision has been mad. I just wanted to ask you about theprocedure of stamp 5 as i will be on stamp 4 for 8 years if i got visa till dec 2015.

i agree with kalvinklein , go and get your stamp4 now , that should buy you time to get your citizenship approved , becuase if you don't be assured that the cetizenship section will send you a letter asking for a new GNIB card as soon as your current one expires or about to expire . plus INIS are giving you until dec 2015 that should be plenty of time to get your citizenship approved since you are waiting since 2011 , so it is on it's way to you .
but if you go down the appeal route , that could take six months to finalise , and most probably it will be refused again or you will be told to wait for the ECJ ruling which could take years ??? thus you are illegal and you may jeopardise your chances of getting your citizenship .
Good luck with whatever decision you make man ...