ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What steps we need to take once we got the visa?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nish_patel7

What steps we need to take once we got the visa?

Post by nish_patel7 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:28 am

Please someone can explain me what exactly the following paragraph means, because I got my Entrepreneur visa last week under the PSW route, and I am already registered as a Director of my company from last 20 months. If some one can explain me please what exactly we need to follow once we get the visa under PSW route?

Section B registered within six months of entering
85.You must have been registered as self-employed with HMRC, registered a new company in
which you are a Director, or been registered as a Director of an existing company within the
six months after entering the category (your specified date is defined in the glossary). You
must meet the requirement if your previous leave was as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), and supply
documentary evidence as specified in the Immigration Rules and the ‘Documents we require’
section below. You must provide this evidence even if you were registered as self-employed or
as a director before you entered the route. Your leave may be curtailed (removed) if you are
found not to have fulfilled this requirement.

krishan2014
Newly Registered

Re: What steps we need to take once we got the visa?

Post by krishan2014 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Taken from Policy Guidance -

Evidence of registration as self-employed or as a director – extension applications only
117. You should use this for section B of your extension application. You must provide evidence of your registration within the 6 months after your specified date. Your specified date can be the date of entry to the UK (if you were given Entry Clearance and have the evidence of your date of entry), or the date of your grant of entry clearance, or the date of your grant of leave to remain if you applied in the UK.
118. If your last grant of leave, prior to the grant of leave that you currently have, was as a Businessperson, or Innovator, you will not need to fulfil this requirement. These points will be awarded if you tick the appropriate box in the extension application form, and if you are registered at the time of your application to extend your leave.

Self-employed applicants
119. If you were self-employed you must provide one of the following:
i) Original welcome letter from HMRC: If you registered as self-employed you will have received a welcome letter from HMRC containing your unique taxpayer reference number. The original, dated document should be provided.
ii) An Exception Certificate from HMRC: If you took advantage of the HMRC exception provision you will have received a certificate. The original, dated document should be provided.
HMRC will issue the welcome letter or the exception certificate at any time up to six weeks from the date of first contact with a self-employed worker. We will accept a letter or certificate that is dated up to eight calendar months from your specified date. For example, if your grant of leave is dated 1 May 2011, the letter or certificate must be dated on or before 30 December 2011. If your letter or certificate is dated more than eight calendar months after your specified date we will not consider it.
iii) A National Insurance (NI) bill from the HMRC dated in the 6 months after the specified date. This must be an original document and not a copy.
iv) Your bank statement dated in the 6 months after the specified date, showing the direct debit payment of NI to HMRC.

Director of a new or existing company
120. If you were a director of a new or existing company you must provide the following:
Current Appointment Report from Companies House: This will list the Directors of a company and the dates of their appointment. Even if you are no longer a Director of the same company, we require the Current Appointment Report for the date that you became a Director of that company.
If the date on the Current Appointment Report was more than 8 months after your specified date we will not award any points for this section.

nish_patel7

Post by nish_patel7 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:25 am

but my lawyer is saying for PSW route after getting the visa you dont have to do anything else than to invest money, all this above points are for those who are applying through 200K route.

krishan2014
Newly Registered

Post by krishan2014 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:42 pm

nish_patel7 wrote:but my lawyer is saying for PSW route after getting the visa you dont have to do anything else than to invest money, all this above points are for those who are applying through 200K route.
Your lawyer is right but this paragraphs asks you to keep yourself registered as self-employed and/or director of the company for the time period of 6 months after the specified date which is the date you were granted leave to remain. You will have prove that even though you have come through the PSW route. For more information, Please check the Extension part of the Application form.

Regarding investing; can you confirm from your accountant/lawyer or yourself that what are the ways to invest in the business and how to keep track of the investment. Does paying employees or subcontractors count as investment? I got the visa through the PSW route and pretty confused after talking to number of accountants about how to invest wisely.

Please check the investment table in the extension part of the application form and explain to me if you can understand it yourself.

Thanks