ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saleemunited
Newly Registered

Student extension

Post by saleemunited » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:36 am

Hi my name is mohammed. I need your help pls in my tier 4 extension.the following are my details:
2006 oct- 2008 june- diplom in busnss admnstrtion
2008 july- 2009 november- advance diplom in business admistration. ( levels are not mentioned in any certificate)
2009 dec- 2010 dec - level 7 pg diploma
2011 jan- 2012 march- MBA
2012 sept - 2014 sept PSW
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR ACCA COURSE?
Is the 5 years cap system applies to me? Is there any other extension route available for me as just one year 8 months left for my 10yrs in UK.
PleaSe please help me asap.... Thank u sooo much

shaq1

Re: Student extension

Post by shaq1 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:04 pm

Based on your information it seems like that you are still within the Tier 4 CAP. But please remember that now a days UKVI is conducting an extensive interview to find out student's intention to study so be prepare for that

talkhome

Post by talkhome » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:49 pm

I advise you don't go for student. It is very very difficult now. Interviews are strict. Couple of my close frds went and got refused for not genuine student and now they are struggling as solicitors just want money.

Any person who is living here on student visa for the 5 years and applying for another diploma at private college absolutely no chance/ don't even think about it regardless of progression made as they will catch u in interview.

You can only get visa if you somehow get CAS for PhD in university obviously.

kuzaaah

Post by kuzaaah » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:40 am

Talkhome.
I read your post above. I think eye brows are raised particularly on applications for tier 4 applicants who HAVE ALREADY SPENT more than 4 years on tier 1 visa. Pls could you provide the types of courses your friends studied and intended to study, for which their visa applications were refused? I ask this because I intend applying for a visa for an MSc, though I have an MBA already.

saleemunited
Newly Registered

Post by saleemunited » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:18 pm

Thank u soooo much for ur reply guyzzz.. If i cant find a tier 2 sponsor for me, how it wil be if i apply for FLR on human rights?? Pls suggest me.. Thanks

talkhome

Post by talkhome » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:06 pm

kuzaaah wrote:Talkhome.
I read your post above. I think eye brows are raised particularly on applications for tier 4 applicants who HAVE ALREADY SPENT more than 4 years on tier 1 visa. Pls could you provide the types of courses your friends studied and intended to study, for which their visa applications were refused? I ask this because I intend applying for a visa for an MSc, though I have an MBA already.

Yes, you are right.

one of my frd in SBL London through Goucestershire university MBA, second one was applying for level 7 diploma in business and accounting related.

MBA one did level 7 course before so there was kind of progression but UKVi was not convince. They repetedlly asked him that how come if you were that serious in studeies couldn't complete masters in the last 5/6 years same with the other.

Problem is it is extremelly hard to convince that why you couldn't complete master in 5 years as you know mostly people in our situation came in dipolama level 5/6.

In your case, if they ask you what benefit Msc will bring to your carrer/future plans when you already have a masters degree in business administration then what would you say. You not only need answer but also need to pursuade them with supoporting stuff and that is a problem. Once allegation made persdon is not genuine then going further is hard. So think twice before using this Tier 4 Route.