ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is the processing times for the DL form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

africangirl
Mozambique

Re: what is the processing times for the DL form

Post by africangirl » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi

How are you had anyone heard from home office yet , I cant imagine that we have to wait for a year on top of the 6 months we have already waited.

this is torture........

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:14 am

africangirl wrote:Hi

How are you had anyone heard from home office yet , I cant imagine that we have to wait for a year on top of the 6 months we have already waited.

this is torture........
its 12 month from the submit the application
another 6 month to go lol

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:54 am

Hi

so by december christmas time will all be happy with our papers :D that will be the best xmas present .

i have faith that it will come before december a miracle have to happen

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:18 pm

has anyone received anything from home office or all still waiting ?

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:02 pm

I am still waiting not heard anything and I phoned them they told me its still incomplete and in progress and hang down the phone on me.

everyday i just wait for the post man to see if he got a letter for me :D

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:10 pm

africangirl wrote:I am still waiting not heard anything and I phoned them they told me its still incomplete and in progress and hang down the phone on me.

everyday i just wait for the post man to see if he got a letter for me :D
you know home office they don't use royal mail they use private courier :D

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:54 am

Yes i mean that pvt courier :D hope soon i will see someone coming to my front door with a letter to sign for.

that will be a miracle :D

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:52 pm

Not trying to be an A*** here but i suggest you guys keep your expectations low to avoid disappointment.
i have been waiting for over 18 months and still no sign of a decision being made anytime soon.

ArtMag
Newly Registered

Post by ArtMag » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:50 am

Thought you guys would find these articles interesting......
atleast this time we are waiting is part of the 6 year qualifying period!!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-531311

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ars_of_dlr

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:27 am

Hi All

So does this mean that if we are going to be granted another 3 years lets say in 2 years time we have to count this 2yrs of waiting towards the 6 year route to settlement.

Hope i am correct so that we do not waste more time waiting since it will be counted towards the 6 yrs route to settlement.

I am still waiting for my extension and i was told by one lady at the home office that we should not bother ourselves calling them they are just working at a call centre and all they can tell you is what they saw on the screen.

and the people who make decisions or process our applications you can't contact them all they do is update the system when they finish with your application

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:21 pm

ArtMag wrote:Thought you guys would find these articles interesting......
atleast this time we are waiting is part of the 6 year qualifying period!!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-531311

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ars_of_dlr
the information on the site talk about people granted 3 years discretionary leave with non asylum
but I believe is we can submit DL form when we complete 6 years

settlement application for people who granted 3 years discretionary leave with non asylum they use SET(O)
AND settlement application for people who granted 3 years discretionary leave after refuse asylum they use DL

SET(O) FORM cost £1038 and you need to pass life in the uk test
DL FORM is free fee and you not need to pass the life in the uk test

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:53 am

Thank you Odat for clarifying this , at least we do not need to pay £1038 when we apply for settlement.

Have you heard anything yet or you are still waiting.

katongole
Newly Registered

Post by katongole » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Hi everyone, thanks all for your posts. Am in the same position as you guys, sent my dl form in2010 for renewal upto today nothing and no acknoledgement. Went to mp 2 weeks back and got a letter through ukba courier with an immigration status questionnaire and asking about dependents. They told mp they would complete my case in 6 months. Has any 1 got this questionnaire? Originally they gave me 8months dl after asylum refusal whichexpired in 2010. Please let me know if anyone has got this form.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:09 pm

katongole wrote:Hi everyone, thanks all for your posts. Am in the same position as you guys, sent my dl form in2010 for renewal upto today nothing and no acknoledgement. Went to mp 2 weeks back and got a letter through ukba courier with an immigration status questionnaire and asking about dependents. They told mp they would complete my case in 6 months. Has any 1 got this questionnaire? Originally they gave me 8months dl after asylum refusal whichexpired in 2010. Please let me know if anyone has got this form.
no we haven't get anything of that and why they gave you only 8 month discretionary leave ? because normally they should gave you 3 years discretionary leave
so what is your story ?

I claimed asylum in dec 2010 and by February 2011 I received refuse asylum but granted 3 years discretionary leave outside the immigration rules expired in February 2014
and in February 2014 I submit dl form for renewal and I still waiting

katongole
Newly Registered

Post by katongole » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:20 pm

My story is I claimed asylum in 2003, refused but then given 2 years because I was a minor. I put in extension in 2005 reused appeals exhausted detained relaeased then put in judicial review then 2010 ho tells solicitor that I should withdraw the judicial review and they will grant me status which I did only to be granted 8 months. It was something because I have managed to work and have 2 kids now. I put in an extension in 2010 upto now nothing. Then I recently got that questionnaire asking 4 two photos of me and d3pendents, questionnaire asking how I came, financial stuff, proof of address, kids red book, and told to submit in 7dayss which I did via solicitor. Scared now dont no wats comin up.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:15 pm

katongole wrote:My story is I claimed asylum in 2003, refused but then given 2 years because I was a minor. I put in extension in 2005 reused appeals exhausted detained relaeased then put in judicial review then 2010 ho tells solicitor that I should withdraw the judicial review and they will grant me status which I did only to be granted 8 months. It was something because I have managed to work and have 2 kids now. I put in an extension in 2010 upto now nothing. Then I recently got that questionnaire asking 4 two photos of me and d3pendents, questionnaire asking how I came, financial stuff, proof of address, kids red book, and told to submit in 7dayss which I did via solicitor. Scared now dont no wats comin up.
if your kids British citizen they should gave u 3 years
because most people in that time who have kids or in Relationship with someone British citizen they gavethem 3 years
and after 20/July/2012 the rules change they start gave people 2.5 years on 10 years for settlement
im still don't understand why gave u only 8 month if you have social life in the uk
do you have any criminal record ?

katongole
Newly Registered

Post by katongole » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:55 pm

Odat, I dont have any criminal record. I was given the 8 months before I had my kids ...I was single at that time. I myself dont know why I was given 8 months. Will let you know the outcome anyway since I have sent the stuff off.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:45 am

katongole wrote:Odat, I dont have any criminal record. I was given the 8 months before I had my kids ...I was single at that time. I myself dont know why I was given 8 months. Will let you know the outcome anyway since I have sent the stuff off.
as you said (the questionnaire asking 4 two photos of you and d3pendents, questionnaire asking how I came, financial stuff, proof of address, kids red book)

that is good news I believe they want to gave u something

aiza78601

Post by aiza78601 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:07 am

please explain me i also got same questionnaire from glasgow and requested four photos last month but after that i heard nothing,claim asylum feb 2012,screening april 2012,interview in solihull oct 2012,reporting for the past 2 years,now glasgow home office sent questionnaire i m still waiting for initial decision,please advise what they are going to do with my case

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:07 pm

aiza78601 wrote:please explain me i also got same questionnaire from glasgow and requested four photos last month but after that i heard nothing,claim asylum feb 2012,screening april 2012,interview in solihull oct 2012,reporting for the past 2 years,now glasgow home office sent questionnaire i m still waiting for initial decision,please advise what they are going to do with my case
I think you will hear from them within 6 month so you have to wait

aiza78601

Post by aiza78601 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:11 pm

thnks for reply
yes they mentioned in letter they aim to conclude my case within next 6 months but i m really desperate to know y they sent such questionnaire,is it for grant or just normal work,any one got grant after this??

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:29 pm

aiza78601 wrote:thnks for reply
yes they mentioned in letter they aim to conclude my case within next 6 months but i m really desperate to know y they sent such questionnaire,is it for grant or just normal work,any one got grant after this??
there many people I know get granted after that yes

aiza78601

Post by aiza78601 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:37 pm

thanks alot for reply
u gave me some hope,will update if get any response :)

katongole
Newly Registered

Post by katongole » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Hello my people, just got a call from my solicitor today sunday that my husband has been granted 30 months however home office hasnt got back 2 me and my kids. Any advice? Am thinking I should go back to the mp. We submitted everything 2gether and hisgot his stuff back us nothing. Any ideas people? His got under article 8 when his kids have nothing. Madness is home office middle name.

aiza78601

Post by aiza78601 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:24 pm

hi
can u please tell me when they sent questionnaire and how long they take to grant after questionnaire sent,i am waiting for my asylum initial decision ,i received questionnaire last month but still no reply

many thnks