ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A limit on number of Visas 200K outside UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vishnu
Newly Registered

A limit on number of Visas 200K outside UK

Post by Vishnu » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:32 am

Looks like not many visas been issued from Outside UK this year (2014). At least from people reporting on this forum.

Was talking to a solicitor over the phone in the UK who said that there is an 'unofficial' cap limit on the number of applications for approved visas and applications generally have higher chance of being accepted if submitted on the first quarter of the year compared to the last quarter of the year when UKBA sees they are 'xx' amount of visas already approved during the year and start being more strict on documentation.

Anyone here who got visa 200K outside since Jan 2014? Please mention the month and probably most will be on the first three or 4 months of the year or so?

legalkhan
Pakistan

Re: A limit on number of Visas 200K outside UK

Post by legalkhan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:49 am

I think they have temporarily suspended the new application or they might have stopped processing them for a while at least.

Vishnu
Newly Registered

Post by Vishnu » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:16 pm

legalkhan wrote:I think they have temporarily suspended the new application or they might have stopped processing them for a while at least.
Maybe you are right, but i think this is for applications after the new rules which is after July 2014. What about from January 2014 to June 2014, anyone got his 200K route visa during the first half of the year?

Can people who got 200K visas mention the month they got it please? (even 2013).

Is it true there are more approved applications from Jan to April compared to applications from Sept to Dec?

Because if someone wants to submit in couple of months, maybe its best to wait for the new year and submit, assuming there is a limit that they don't like to go beyond it.

david justin

Post by david justin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi,
I applied in july 2014 and i got my visa within 19 working days from nigeria
regards

NAR

Post by NAR » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:49 pm

June 2014, 7 working days from Dubai.

@David, Did you travel already to London or still in Nigeria?

Wanted to check if UK does like USA where first time landing on new visa they do data intake. Basically, in US, they take you to an office and get details and such from you being first time landing on an immigration visa. Is it the same in the UK?

I don't mind actually, except i have to take a flight to USA just right after landing from Dubai and i am hoping i enter the UK so the days start counting for me.

Check PM please or send me your email if you don't mind.

Regards