ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa sticker patching time on passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DingDong

Visit visa sticker patching time on passport

Post by DingDong » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:49 am

Hello fellow members,

Just need some quick guidance on the following scenario.

My mum's visit visa got approved successfully & I can see the results on the INIS website, however it's Eid festival holidays here in Karachi - Pakistan and therefore the consulate will re-open on the 4th August.

1) If anyone has got information about how long consulate takes to paste the visa sticker on the passport (like do they take few days or is it something done on the fly)

2) Also can I book the flights now or should I wait until the visa sticker is not patched on the passport , like I am currently stuck in a limbo where I have to extend my flight as well , so would you guys suggest is it the right time to book the flights or should I wait until the sticker is pasted on the passport.

Any advice's I will really appreciate.

Best Regards

ayush2014
Newly Registered

Re: Visit visa sticker patching time on passport

Post by ayush2014 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:40 am

Hello Hamza

You should wait until she will get visa on her passport. if may be delay will cost you a lots for flight ticket.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi Hamza,

Once the decision is posted on INIS website, u will get the passport with pasted sticker within 10 working days. Perhaps u can book ur mum flight after the 15th August.

Good Luck

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:51 am

Hamza,

Could you please let me know how long your mother's visa approval took ? please give exact number of weeks or days.

Thanks

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:07 am

Hello CalvinKlien,

Thanks again for your valuable input in relation to patching visa sticker, in the meantime I have booked my flights for the 16th of Aug now fingers cross they patch in a timely manner as I will contact them tomorrow if they are opened or otherwise on Monday.

I applied on the 30th of May (Irish consulate in Khi)

Got the approval on the 29th July on the inis website.

So you were right as you mentioned earlier that they are taking 8 weeks to process the application.

Thanks
Hamza