ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visit visa stay duration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

m.sheikh

visit visa stay duration

Post by m.sheikh » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi all,

On a 2 year family visit visa duration of stay is 6 months for one visit but can the visitor stay for 6 monthd and leave and come back after a few days and then stay for 6 months again or is he only allowed to stay 180 days in a 12 month period ?

Can any one confirm please.

Thanks
Rocky

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: visit visa stay duration

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:17 pm

m.sheikh wrote:Hi all,

On a 2 year family visit visa duration of stay is 6 months for one visit but can the visitor stay for 6 monthd and leave and come back after a few days and then stay for 6 months again or is he only allowed to stay 180 days in a 12 month period ?

Can any one confirm please.

Thanks
Rocky
There is no rule as such, but the test is 'genuine visitor', the IO will use that and the 6/12 rule of thumb as guide cos it was in the DID's.

It's possible they could be bounced for less than six months here if the IO thinks the are not genuine visitors, ie effectively living here
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

veeda123
Newly Registered

Re allowed visa appeal

Post by veeda123 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi all
I have apply for settlement for my nine daughter, she was refused so I appeal against the decision. My appeal was allowed but it been 9 month now but she haven't been call for the visa ...I need help pls thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:53 pm

Please don't high jack this thread, your question has no relevance to the question on visitor visas. Please start your own thread.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

m.sheikh

Post by m.sheikh » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:13 pm

Anyone else knows anything about my questions ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:54 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.