ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-4 Students Transfer to Another HTS College

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vickzzz
Newly Registered

Tier-4 Students Transfer to Another HTS College

Post by Vickzzz » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:57 pm

Hello Everyone!
I would really appreciate if you could please advice or share your views regarding my Query.
My college is one of the HTS colleges suspended on 24th June in response to UKVI Toeic investigation.
In the beginning College sent us an email Informing us about the suspension and also that they will appeal against the decision by Home office and advised all student to remain calm and not to panic as college will be back in list again.
But After few weeks they started calling and sending messages (Not from college official number) to students to pay 1000£ so that they can transfer us to another HTS college(No college name was mentioned at that time). when no one agreed to pay then we received an email from college again that they have made an agreement with another college(Mentioned the name of college this time) and the transfer fee of 500£ is required to transfer the willing students .
We met with the admin and told them that we are not satisfied with other college reputation as well even though that is HTS college as well and don't want to transfer and want to stay with the college. But they have advised us that if you don't want to transfer then you have to wait for Home office decision as they have appealed already and most probably 60 days letter as they are not very hopeful about the outcome.But if you transfer before revocation then you will be transfer to the new HTS institute and you wont have to apply for new visa again and all the hassle like maintaining full maintenance,fees etc.
I am really sorry that my query is bit long but it wont make sense unless i explain the whole situation.
Could you please advice what should be the most reasonable and legal step to do? Also is it legally possible for college to transfer few students to other college while other will get 60 days notice. Please Advice your views will be highly appreciated!
(one last thing i have also spoken to the other college where we will get transferred they have also confirmed that they are accepting students from our college.)
Best Regards

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier-4 Students Transfer to Another HTS College

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:58 pm

This is a well worn path that you should stay very clear of.
Your college is selling you to another college and you get to pay for the privilege.
Not once have I ever seen a good outcome from this type of "transfer" it seems to only happen to dead or nearly dead establishments. It is the final fleecing of the students normally just before they lose their licence.

As soon as you start asking for written confirmation of the deal and what exactly are you getting for your money Idoubt you will see a document that gives you any security or legal standing.
Right now they are feeding on your fears, offering you hope and promising much. Do not be fooled by this so called help, they are just getting as much out of you before they fold.

Make your own choices, don't be pushed into another college just because they are offering this "solution "

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:04 pm

This is a well worn path that you should stay very clear of.
Your college is selling you to another college and you get to pay for the privilege.
Not once have I ever seen a good outcome from this type of "transfer" it seems to only happen to dead or nearly dead establishments. It is the final fleecing of the students normally just before they lose their licence.

As soon as you start asking for written confirmation of the deal and what exactly are you getting for your money Idoubt you will see a document that gives you any security or legal standing.
Right now they are feeding on your fears, offering you hope and promising much. Do not be fooled by this so called help, they are just getting as much out of you before they fold.

Make your own choices, don't be pushed into another college just because they are offering this "solution "

Vickzzz
Newly Registered

Post by Vickzzz » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:58 pm

Thanks Frontier for your kind response.
I totally agree with you on the point that till now they have not shown us anything legal or in writing. They are calling students individually and not in a group to discuss the situation so that they can convince them individually to pay whatever they can.
The only frustrating thing for us is that we have got nothing to do with this suspension. I have paid the full fee, Got proper educational background and English test,Attended all lectures, did assignments and still i am in this situation due to someone,s fake English test.
If they get revoked which is quite likely i know i will not get a single penny back or help from anyone. I have to pay and start all over from scratch.
I Think the only choice left is to wait and hope for the best.

Vickzzz
Newly Registered

Post by Vickzzz » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:12 am

Hi Frontier,My College Finally Got Revoked :(
Just got few questions if you could please guide me.
1- Do i have to wait for 60 days letter now as i was in middle of the course and there is no progress because the results of first two semesters was still pending By the college. I have spoken to another college they said we can only give you admission once you receive the 60 days letter from HO due to the issue of Toeic even though i never did Toeic and got IELTS 7.5 and a UK Degree. Do you have any idea how long it will take to receive the 60 days letter from HO?
I was reading the fact sheet where HO has also mentioned that "The Home Office has set up a sponsorship working group with representatives from the education sector, to discuss how to support genuine students. The Home Office will inform the group of any new developments, while working group members will report any issues affecting students. The working group will develop a process to assist genuine students, and ensure this is communicated to students affected.The working group are currently developing a process to help students at institutions that have had their sponsor licence revoked or surrendered, to find an alternative sponsor. We will add more detail to this fact sheet as it becomes available." So is it a good idea to wait or shall i start applying myself for new sponsor?
2- How much maintenance will be required even though i have studied the course for six month but with no results/progress from my previous college?
3- if full maintenance is required then can i use my dad,s Bank statement from back home? if so which other documents i need from my dad to show he is supporting me financially?
4-Does 60 days period starts from the date when college get revoked or when i will receive the letter from HO?

Would really appreciate if you can please guide.
Regards

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:17 am

Very few colleges will take you on without the 60 day letter because it is their get out clause in regards progression.
You are free to try to get admission to any college without depending on this support body. I am not even sure if the support body exists.
The 60 day letter will come from the HO when it comes. The best thing to do is contact the HO and ask for it. It might speed things up it might not.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:21 am

Funds - you will have to show established student funding in the same manner as you did to get into the last college.
You can use your Dads funding but make sure the statements meet the need for being in date, verified by the bank etc. your Dad will also have to write a letter saying the money is available to you. In English of course.

Vickzzz
Newly Registered

Post by Vickzzz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:29 am

Thanks Frontier!

Just a quick question,As I Have to start this course again in another college due to revocation. will HO count those 6 months which i have already studied with my previous college in degree level cap?

With regards to maintenance funds someone also told me that if you don't have the proof of your 6 month study(Means Progress/result) then i must need to show the full maintenance. And if i am to use my dad,s Bank statement then i also need to send my birth certificate along with my Dad,s attested Bank statement and The letter stating that funds are available for my studies which you already mentioned. I Am not sure if my family still got that birth certificate with them and whats the point when my Dad,s name is already mentioned in my Passport to prove the relationship.

Will appreciate your time and valuable advice!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:57 am

The five year cap- I had a discussion with a couple of my colleagues yesterday and between the three of us we could not come to a conclusion about what was fairand reasonable in the case of students disadvantaged because of college revocation.
The guidance is clear in that it is five years and has no exclusions. I believe that will be subject to legal challange at some point in the future. It is still too new to say what would be the circumstances that would allow an extension.

Funds - the established presence rules apply. You are still a student and you were studying in the Uk and on a valid visa. As long as you have done at least six months of your course.
The birth certificate - it helps but it is not an absolute requirement. You have already given your parents names at the first out of country application. They would only want secondary evidence of the relationship if they felt that there was some doubt. The exact wording from the caseworker guidance

For applications submitted on or after 6 April 2012 The applicant must show evidence of funds to cover:  £820 for each month of the course up to a maximum of nine months, and  full course fees for: o the first academic year of the course, or for the entire course if this is less than one year long.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:09 am

A student relying on money held by his/her parents(s)/legal guardian must show that he/she is related to his/her parent(s)/legal guardian by providing an original legal document or a notarised copy of one of the following documents:
The student’s birth certificate showing names of his/her parent(s); 
The student’s certificate of adoption showing names of both parent(s) or legal guardian; 
A Court document naming the legal guardian of the student.
You must also show that your parent(s)/legal guardian has given their permission for you to use this money by providing: 
A letter from his/her parent(s) or legal guardian. The letter must confirm:  The relationship between the student and his/her parent(s) or legal guardian; and  That the parent(s) or legal guardian have given their consent to the student using • their funds to study in the UK.

The above are the stated applicant rules. You are going to require some form of official proof of your relationship.

Vickzzz
Newly Registered

Post by Vickzzz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Thanks a lot for your professional and authentic advice. Really Appreciate that!
Have a nice evening ..