ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

checklist for visit visa for marriage?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hurrimark
Newly Registered

checklist for visit visa for marriage?

Post by hurrimark » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:10 pm

I am applying for a marriage visit visa for my finance and wanted to check supporting documents required to go along with
the online application. Here's what I have so far:

1. last 6 months of bank statements (of me because i'm sponsoring and also of my Fiancee herself)
2. wage slips from employer (my fiancee)
3. letter from her work saying:
salary, length of employment and confirm give u time off work to marry
4. passport copy (all pages)
5. two passport sized coloured photo
6. past passport copies (what happens if this can't be found)?
7. copy of single proof
8. proof of relationship e.g. collage of photos.

Have I got anything here that i don't need, or am I missing anything? do all documents need to be scans of originals?
How can my fiancee show proof of looking after her grandma and that she needs to return back to her country, after the visa period?

kindest regards.

hurrimark
Newly Registered

Re: checklist for visit visa for marriage?

Post by hurrimark » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Anyone?

catbusstop
Newly Registered

Post by catbusstop » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:52 pm

I believe you also need to provide evidence of where you'll live - be it a rental agreement or mortgage statements. I was advised by my solicitor to provide details of the house as well. That one is a bit trickier, but I had a copy of the estate agent details from when I bought my house.

hurrimark
Newly Registered

Post by hurrimark » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:29 pm

catbusstop wrote:I believe you also need to provide evidence of where you'll live - be it a rental agreement or mortgage statements. I was advised by my solicitor to provide details of the house as well. That one is a bit trickier, but I had a copy of the estate agent details from when I bought my house.
Thank you very much. If I can get that; is that all the supporting documents we should need, included what I listed?

catbusstop
Newly Registered

Post by catbusstop » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:55 am

I believe so. You might not need to even have your housing stuff - it depends on if you are planning on also applying for a settlement visa as well as a marriage visa.

I did it a little differently as I got married over in the USA where my wife is from then we applied for the settlement visa so only had to apply once.

hurrimark
Newly Registered

Post by hurrimark » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Just a few queries from the online application form (i'm filling it in on behalf of my fiancee).

1.how long lived at address? need exactly the length of time?
2. family details - mother and father of sponsor (me) or applicant (my fiancee)?
3. income from job e.t.c in £ or her own currency?
4. Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?
Here do we include money in bank account and savings accounts of my Fiancee? ^
5. cost of accommodation and living expenses - is it £0 if someone else paying (me)?
6. Is there any other information you wish to be considered as part of your application? What usually goes here?

Thank you very much.

hurrimark
Newly Registered

Post by hurrimark » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:34 am

Also, do I need single proof from the registry office for myself with my fiancees application?