ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are students getting tier4 visa these days????

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iaq07
Newly Registered

Are students getting tier4 visa these days????

Post by iaq07 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi all.
I want to apply for new file of tier4 student visa. I just want to know if students are gettting visas these days. Or getting refusals. As i heard ukba is very strict these days and they are closing more colleges.
If anybody who recently got visa can share it. It will be helpful for me to submit my file to ukba..

Regards

nidaaqeel

Re: Are students getting tier4 visa these days????

Post by nidaaqeel » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:45 pm

yes i have got my one today after refusal of entrepreneur visa

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:32 pm

iaq07 wrote:Hi all.
I want to apply for new file of tier4 student visa. I just want to know if students are gettting visas these days. Or getting refusals. As i heard ukba is very strict these days and they are closing more colleges.
If anybody who recently got visa can share it. It will be helpful for me to submit my file to ukba..

Regards
If you are a genuine student, at a genuine educational institution, you will sail through. If you are a questionable student at a fake institution, you (hopefully) will be rightly rejected.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:15 pm

If you are going to a university or a public funded higher education establishment and you have the appropriate qualifications and English language ability you will easily get a visa.

Private colleges are in general terms low quality, poor educational providers. If you are looking for a way to get to the UK they will be an attractive options. But think about what are you buying into. Your visa does not allow you to work, you will not get a worthwhile education and you are no more than a paycheck for people that rarely care about what your educational outcome is.

There are some very good private collleges but you will pay not much less than a university.. Good education does not come cheap.

uzzi2009
Newly Registered

Post by uzzi2009 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:48 am

Hii Nidaaqeel. .

Can you please help me was you on psw and you applied for entrepreneur visa which been refused....did yyou do master degree or bachelor? And in what course you have took admission now....please guide me as well as am struggling as facing approx same circumstances as you..
Many thanks

nidaaqeel

Post by nidaaqeel » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:46 am

uzzi2009 wrote:Hii Nidaaqeel. .

Can you please help me was you on psw and you applied for entrepreneur visa which been refused....did yyou do master degree or bachelor? And in what course you have took admission now....please guide me as well as am struggling as facing approx same circumstances as you..
Many thanks
i was on psw then applied for entrepreneur but got refusal, applied for appeal but didnt manage to win it, appeal right got exhausted thhen applied for student visa. yes i did msc and then took admission in pgd, both are level 7 courses but managed to got visa. same story of my friend. he applied last tuesday as a premium appointment same as me

uzzi2009
Newly Registered

Post by uzzi2009 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks for the informations....could you please tell me if you got an idea I have done my MBA and I was intending to go for entrepreneur visa but as new rules bbeen implemented I wont be able to apply for that so looking forward go back with tier 4 student visa...My visa is expiring in december so am also looking forward to get admissoin in PHD...do you think am I alright to get admisson in PHD and can u tell me what kind of institution is this where u got admisson course.strength and how long it visa duration and did u get right to work as well? In which subject are you doing PHD and whats its total fee for the course..you informations will be highly appreciated..am very much stressed at the moment so need to sort it out at soon as possible...

Many thanks

Regards

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:09 pm

nidaaqeel wrote:

Many thanks
i was on psw then applied for entrepreneur but got refusal, applied for appeal but didnt manage to win it, appeal right got exhausted thhen applied for student visa. yes i did msc and then took admission in pgd, both are level 7 courses but managed to got visa. same story of my friend. he applied last tuesday as a premium appointment same as me
How did you manage to book premium same day appointment when your existing leave had already expired? :shock:

uzzi2009
Newly Registered

Post by uzzi2009 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Hi Nidaaqeel
Sorry to bother you again I am looking forward the details I requested you...please whenever you get some spare time just pass on the details which I requested you otherday either way you can forward that details on this e mail address.

usmanqureshi1@hotmail.co.uk

Hope to hear from you soon

Many thanks

Regards

nidaaqeel

Post by nidaaqeel » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:06 am

bruteforce wrote:
nidaaqeel wrote:

Many thanks
How did you manage to book premium same day appointment when your existing leave had already expired? :shock:

my appeal rights were exhausted but u can book premium appointment within 28 days... :)

get2skills
Newly Registered

Post by get2skills » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:13 am

hi guys
i am in same situation just like you people i just need to ask Nidaaqeel ,which college and course did you apply for
cause i am looking for admission is well and did u hire any solicitor, or any drafting done on your application to cover up intention of study. please help
thanks

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:32 am

get2skills wrote: or any drafting done on your application to cover up intention of study. please help
thanks
If there is no intentions of studying then covering that up won't help.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:50 am

Colleges are backing away from students without educational progression. Jumping up an NQF level to prove progression without actually passing the previous course is now a big issue with UKVI. Any college that gets involved in this routinely is not likely to hold onto its licence.
One other point to note from November this year any college that gets a higher than 10% refusal rate will lose their licence.
Something worth asking if you are a genuine student as a vast number of colleges are not going to make that figure. If a college will not tell you their refusal rate in writing then that might indicate there is a problem.
If you just want a visa then you will not care about that point until you get curtailed and no one will offer you another CAS.