ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application (SET – m) - Expedition

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shahbaz3989
Newly Registered

ILR application (SET – m) - Expedition

Post by shahbaz3989 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:17 am

Can I send Erasmus Mundus fellowship confirmation to the Home Office to expedite an ILR application (SET – m)? Does it fulfil an obligation of an accurate reason to prioritise an application?

Details are:

My name is Shahbaz Ahmad, and I am residing in the UK on a spouse visa. I entered in the UK on June 12th, 2012. I submitted ILR application on June 6th, 2014 and registered my biometrics on June 25th 2014.

Unfortunately, I have submitted my ILR application through post and fortunately I got Erasmus Mundus Scholarship confirmation on June 27th, 2014. Erasmus Mundus is a European Commission mobility fellowship program for master and doctorate degrees.

The Erasmus Mundus mobility scheme assures that students spend a minimum of 30 ECTS (equivalent to 6 months) in two different European Countries: in the first year students take a taught course in one of the European partner universities of the consortium. I have to spend my first year in Barcelona (Spain) starting from October 1st, 2014.

Being a non-European student I shall need a Spanish visa and obviously I need my passport to submit my visa application. Concisely, my question is:

Can I send fellowship confirmation to the Home Office to Expedite My ILR Application (SET – m)?

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR application (SET – m) - Expedition

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:53 pm

That's unlikely to help, if you'd used the SCS you would have been able to keep the original documents. You can ask your MP if they'll help expedite the case.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shahbaz3989
Newly Registered

Post by shahbaz3989 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:03 pm

Amber_ wrote:That's unlikely to help, if you'd used the SCS you would have been able to keep the original documents. You can ask your MP if they'll help expedite the case.
Dear Amber,

Thanks for your reply!

I submitted the following documents as cohabitation proof:

1. Wife’s CRB May 30th 2012
2. Applicant’s (mine) NHS card June 26th 2012
3. Wife’s Tuition fee repayments sheet November 2012
4. Applicant’s Santander Bank Statement November 2012
5. Wife’s P60 April 2013
6. Mine P60 April 2013
7. Wife’s CRB August 2013
8. Mine DVLA counter Part (not-dated)
9. Wife’s HSBC Bank Letter January 2014
10. Mine 3 (mobile phone) bill January 2014
11. Wife’s Poll Card May 2014
12. Mine Poll Card May 2014
13. Life insurance Policy joint May 2014
As we are living at my brother in law’s home, he provided a letter and as a home owner he’s paying council tax and all the utility bills

I submitted the following documents as proof of finances

1. Letter from Employer for me
2. Mine P60 for 2014
3. Wife’s pay slips of 3 months
4. Mine payslips of 3 moths
5. Wife’s 6 Months Bank Statements
6. Mine 6 Months Bank statements

Our joint weekly income is £569 after taxes.

I have submitted Life in the UK pass test intimation and NARIC ELA (English Language Assessment = C1)

1. Is my application sounds correct?
2. Can I ask my local MP to write to Home Office to expedite my application and is there any possibility that it could be processed before September?

Looking forward,

Shahbaz Ahmad!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:21 pm

1. Yes and 2. You'll have to ask your MP.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shahbaz3989
Newly Registered

Post by shahbaz3989 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:08 am

Hi Amber,

I and my wife are really excited to spend 8 – 10 months in Barcelona, but it all depends upon urgent approval of my ILR application.

I wrote to my MP with all the evidences of scholarship approval, course starting date and relevance of the prospective course with my existent competencies as well as benefits to future. In response he sent me a letter, congratulating me at my achievement and stated that, he will write to Home Office to expedite my application.

Should it be helpful, in your opinion?

Looking forward,
Shahbaz Ahmad!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:14 pm

Yes, it should.

shahbaz3989
Newly Registered

Post by shahbaz3989 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:02 pm

Amber wrote:Yes, it should.
Hi Amber,

Thanks for your great help.

I got the approval letter. Now waiting for BRP!

A problem is with BRP delivery:

DX delivery was unsuccessful as they consider I don’t love at that address which I have provided. I received a letter from DX stating the tracking number and to rebook online. I tried to book a redelivery, but I couldn’t proceed. I contacted DX and they advised:

DX will not deliver your BRP card until they got an authorisation from home office.

I sent an email to RPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi. gov.uk, and till now no resposne. As, I need BRP card urgently, and until now, I have sent 5 email to RPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi. gov.uk. What you suggest, as they are not responding to my email, should I ask my MP to write RPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi. gov.uk?

Shahbaz!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:42 pm

Ask you MP call the Home Office, they have a direct line.