ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ADVICE ON SUBMITTION FOR NATURALISATION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JAYSON65
Nigeria

ADVICE ON SUBMITTION FOR NATURALISATION

Post by JAYSON65 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:23 am

I am due for naturalisation In October 2014 but want to submit early by September 2014( got ILR in October, 2013) because I need the certificate if successful to process my sons students finance loan for his university admission in UK to start in September. He needs my naturalisation certificate as a proof of dependant on a British citizen. This is urgently required by the students finance loan body to grant him funds. Do you think I can get this sorted out before December 1st 2014. Please help somebody?.

Amber
Mood:

Re: ADVICE ON SUBMITTION FOR NATURALISATION

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:10 am

Expand further, what's the nationality/status of the Son? Why do they want the parent to be British?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:05 am

status of son is dependant on settled person but due for ILR in 2016. why they need BC?, I don't know but this is all they asked for.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:20 am

How old is your son, where was he born, what's the status of the other parent? What's his immigration status, refugee, HP or other?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kt1mc
Newly Registered

Post by kt1mc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:42 am

According to https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies the requirements (in England) are:

Your nationality or residency status
You can apply if:
  • you’re a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (no restrictions on how long you can stay)
    you normally live in England
    you’ve been living in the UK for 3 years before starting your course
You may also be eligible if your residency status is one of the following:
  • EU national, or family member of an EU national
    refugee
    humanitarian protection (as a result of a failed application for asylum)
    migrant worker
    child of a Swiss national
    child of a Turkish worker
I would check whether 'dependent on person with settled status' would be OK. As far as I know (having worked in UK HE for almost 6 years) I became eligible for Home/EU fees (as opposed to Overseas fees) when I got ILR, but I never looked at the implications for student support.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:45 am

Amber wrote:Expand further, what's the nationality/status of the Son? Why do they want the parent to be British?
Serina, I need to process early to help my son secure finance for his September university admission. He is still my dependant and would be due for his ILR in 2017. However, his uni advised if we can get my British Naturalisation before Dec 1st, 2014, then he can get the student finance loan for his 3 years study. They have even given a supportive letter to the UKBA to help in my early bid to submit in Sept,14. I am due to submit by Oct, 21st 2014 when it would be 1yr after ILR. If this goes in and I can get at least acceptance, then it would resolve his students finance loan but this must be done by Dec ,1st, 14. This is my problem now. Just waiting for my English test result to submit AN form in Sept. He has had to differ his admission for a year already. I have faith it would all go well, with all supportive letters to back up my early submittion for naturalisation based on my sons situation. Fingers crossed!.

Amber, please respond to this. Thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:46 am

Do you mean your spouse and son are on dep leave?

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:56 am

Amber wrote:Do you mean your spouse and son are on dep leave?
Spouse is on FLR and son too is on dependant Amber, with 7 years stay in UK.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:34 am

Spouse on spouse leave, if so since when?

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Amber wrote:Spouse on spouse leave, if so since when?
Spouse LR since 2012. Did masters here in UK in 2007. Spent 7 years now in UK same as som. Only me got ILR because I came in 2003 but both are my dependants here. There ILR is due by 2017. Please confirm if I can submit by Sept to process his students finance as discussed. Letters have even issued by uni of choice to help speed up processing at UKIV. Expect your comments Amber please.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Expand on the spouse leave, when was it granted and what was her leave before that?

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Amber wrote:Expand on the spouse leave, when was it granted and what was her leave before that?
FLR(M), 4 yrs student,1.5postwork visa, 2.5 now dependant till 2016 on my status OF ILR.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:57 pm

So before FLR(M) she wasn't your dep?

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Amber wrote:So before FLR(M) she wasn't your dep?
She was the main applicant while I was her dependant then before my 10 years completed and wife and son now became my dependant when I got my ILR in 2013.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:06 pm

JAYSON65 wrote:
Amber wrote:So before FLR(M) she wasn't your dep?
She was the main applicant while I was her dependant then before my 10 years completed and wife and son now became my dependant when I got my ILR in 2013.
Amber pls give advise now in regards of my early bid to submit for naturalisation to sort my son out. All other immigration matters for wife and son are in course for them to get their ILR when due in 2017. Thanks. Can I submit before my 1 yr is due for naturalisation to secure sons student finance?. This has been the question all along.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:21 pm

Naturalisation is by discretion so there is scope to allow your application, particularly if at the time of decision you meet the requirements. However, I'm not sure that you being British allows student finance have you read student finance guidance?

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:28 pm

Amber wrote:Naturalisation is by discretion so there is scope to allow your application, particularly if at the time of decision you meet the requirements. However, I'm not sure that you being British allows student finance have you read student finance guidance?
Thanks Amber, we seem to be going around in circles on guidance RE : early submittion before the 1 yr period for naturalisation. Not clear yet but thanks all the same.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:54 pm

JAYSON65 wrote:
Amber wrote:Naturalisation is by discretion so there is scope to allow your application, particularly if at the time of decision you meet the requirements. However, I'm not sure that you being British allows student finance have you read student finance guidance?
Thanks Amber, we seem to be going around in circles on guidance RE : early submittion before the 1 yr period for naturalisation. Not clear yet but thanks all the same.
Was able to submitt application on 17th of September 2014 after NCS confirmed from HO that application can be submitted based on discretion letters and sons case as discussed. 11 months before the 1 year ILR due date. Fingers crossed Amber for approval. Would keep you updated.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:47 pm

My son is due for naturalisation on 23rd, December 18, does he need to wait until this date or process to submit earlier i.e like 28days before clocking 1 year on ILR?.
Advice needed please.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:57 pm

JAYSON65 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:47 pm
My son is due for naturalisation on 23rd, December 18, does he need to wait until this date or process to submit earlier i.e like 28days before clocking 1 year on ILR?.
Advice needed please.
There is no '28 day early' option for a BC application. The full qualifying period must be completed before applying.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

JAYSON65
Nigeria

Post by JAYSON65 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:00 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:57 pm
JAYSON65 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:47 pm
Advice needed please.
There is no '28 day early' option for a BC application. The full qualifying period must be completed before applying.
Thanks Casa for this information.