ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR stamp transfer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vukodlak
Newly Registered

ILR stamp transfer

Post by vukodlak » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi, is it possible to transfer an ILR stamp from a US passport to another nationality passport (ie, Israel)? Many thanks.

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR stamp transfer

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:27 pm

Yes, insofar as it's the same person. You may apply for a BRP, which would make more sense.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Apparition

Post by Apparition » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:33 pm

Amber wrote:Yes, insofar as it's the same person. You may apply for a BRP, which would make more sense.
I disagree - the gov.uk site says they don't do stamp transfers, only a separate BRP card.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:09 pm

Apparition wrote:
Amber wrote:Yes, insofar as it's the same person. You may apply for a BRP, which would make more sense.
I disagree - the gov.uk site says they don't do stamp transfers, only a separate BRP card.
As of the latest rule changes on April 6th this year, they are still charging a fee for a vignette transfer (£109), which would imply that the service is still available.

Apparition

Post by Apparition » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:34 pm

ouflak1 wrote:
Apparition wrote:
As of the latest rule changes on April 6th this year, they are still charging a fee for a vignette transfer (£109), which would imply that the service is still available.
Transferred to a BRP perhaps, not a new passport. The website makes it clear https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa:

"You’re in the UK

You can’t transfer your visa to your new passport. Instead, you’ll need to apply for a biometric residence permit (BRP)
A BRP is a separate document and will replace the visa you had in your old passport.
How you apply for a BRP depends on your visa status."

And ...

"You have permission to settle (‘indefinite leave to remain’)

You can transfer your visa to a BRP by applying for a ‘no time limit stamp’ (NTL).
Use the guidance and the ‘NTL’ form to apply."

vukodlak
Newly Registered

Post by vukodlak » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:44 am

Thank you all. This is very helpful.