ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS THERE ANY WAY OUT?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ah05047
Newly Registered

IS THERE ANY WAY OUT?

Post by ah05047 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:00 pm

- Applied twice with FLR form, both were returned/refused (12.2013 and 01.2014 acknowledgement letters available)
- detained my husband (on overstaying his visa however as per his curtailed letter he had to make alternatives arrangements visa etc. before 20.12.2013 which he did do)
- refused temp release
- got him bail
- waited nearly 6 months for hearing date
- Few days before hearing date, secretary of state withdrew from hearing
- I am extremely concerned that this will take another 6 months to resolve and financially/mentally I am finding it hard to cope
- read the “Refusal but with no removal or appeal” http://www.freemovement.org.uk/refusal- ... or-appeal/
- wanted to know if the 6th paragraph down could be used to help me speed or avoid another 6 months of waiting, “lawyers have attempted to argue that there is an obligation not to leave the applicant in legal limbo and to make joined up decisions”
As per the following Government website:
http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/imm ... m/hearings
Under the following titles:
•Immigration and Asylum Tribunal – Hearings
•Types of hearing:
“Substantive Hearing
This is the full hearing of your appeal. This is where you and your representative will present your case. You should receive your decision within 10 working days of the full hearing.”

-However it has now been exactly 28 calendar days since the letter dated 24th June 2014 regarding the withdrawal from hearing by the secretary of state.
-Having already sent 3 letters from the legal representative and a letter from the local MP there has still been no response to any letter.
-UKBA customer services have told the client that the application is on hold and the only note on the application status is that it has been sent to the respective caseworker to be reconsidered.

Is there anything else I can say or do or contact for help? Over a month since the withdrawal of hearing and still no response to any of the letters,

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: IS THERE ANY WAY OUT?

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Can he apply from his home country? Overstay doesn't affect that.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ah05047
Newly Registered

Post by ah05047 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:18 pm

I dont know,

so you are saying that I should send my husband back home get him to apply there and then come back?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:26 pm

I believe that's the collective wisdom here, if it's simple overstay.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:10 pm

I suggest wait till they make a decision.It will take ages but they will have to make one soon.Unfortunately some mps have no sympathy with immigrants.

If they make a decsion which you disagree with again appeal and let the judge make the ruling.