ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gretna green marriage

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sodireland
Newly Registered

Gretna green marriage

Post by Sodireland » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:23 pm

I have a friend (Vietnamese) who is planning on travelling to Gretna green to get marride to her Irish boyfriend,she is currently in Ireland 6 years with out papers to stay here,what would her staus be after the marriage when she returns to Ireland.

Casa

Re: Gretna green marriage

Post by Casa » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:53 pm

How does she intend to enter Scotland to marry without any legal papers? And why Gretna Green? See this advice from the Gretna Green authorities;
UK Visa Requirements
If you are not a UK passport holder, you may need a Visa to enter the UK. Even if a Visa is not required, you are advised to obtain an Entry Clearance. With this document, you will not be refused entry by UK immigration upon arrival to the UK (subject to certain conditions).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sodireland
Newly Registered

Post by Sodireland » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:00 am

Casa wrote:How does she intend to enter Scotland to marry without any legal papers? And why Gretna Green? See this advice from the Gretna Green authorities;
UK Visa Requirements
If you are not a UK passport holder, you may need a Visa to enter the UK. Even if a Visa is not required, you are advised to obtain an Entry Clearance. With this document, you will not be refused entry by UK immigration upon arrival to the UK (subject to certain conditions).
Hello Casa

Thank you for your reply

She wants to get married in gretna green because they can marry non resisdence couple from what i gather getting into uk Scotland not a problem as she has been there several times with her boyfriend who is international lorry driver seems they never check her documents at the ferry terminal
my real question is what would be the affect of the marriage once returned to Ireland

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:29 am

Youre friend will be prevented from getting married, there will be goons from immigration there to arrest and put into detention before extridition to vietnam.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.