ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Birth Certificate & Indian Passport for baby born in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vinodtoshniwal
Newly Registered

Birth Certificate & Indian Passport for baby born in UK

Post by vinodtoshniwal » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Hi,

As I got a lot of help from this site on both topic with mixed information, However as now I have done both successfully so sharing complete details, which may help people, who might need it. Here is the step by step Guide -

A. Issue of Local Council Birth Certificate -
1. Once discharged from Hospital, take appointment with Local Council to get Birth Certificate. Short certificate is free, full certificate is charged which is must for all the required things so take one copy.

B. Birth Certificate from Indian Embassy -

1. Fill the online form on (last line registration of minor) http://indiancitizenshiponline.nic.in/I ... ublic.aspx
2. After filling form, on second page, need to enter scanned copy of signature (Parents) & Photograph. There is set limit for both so, take help of photo shop or Paint to get the desired size.
3. Once it is done, submit (Form will be submitted to Ministry)
4. Take Print Out of this Form.
5. Original of Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Passport of Both Parents, Visa Copy of Both Parents - Original and signed copies also. Marriage certificate signed by both, while pp and visa signed by individual.
No need to carry baby.
6. Go to HCI London and submit it, Choose the self paid next day delivey envelope so that no need to go to collect.
It shall come in 1-2 weeks time.

C. Application of passport -
1. Take print of PP form, fill it and sign and thumb impression of infant.
2. Take - Both birth certificate, PP and Visa and Birth certificate received from Embassy, Original and copies.
3. Apply in person and use same next day delivery envelope.
4. Get in same 1-3 weeks.

Tips -
1. Both things can not be done in one day in HCI London, but it can be done in Birmingham. But apply in Birmingham only if you leave in 15-20 states allowed in that zone. Check Birmingham Consulate website.
2. Keep the exact change for fee.
3. Don't worry much for photograph, take something like with off white background and you can cut as per required size.
4. Originals are must, as sometimes, officer may not ask but that is all luck.
5. Go early to HCI London, by 6 30 AM, if you want to get free very quickly, as if you go by 8 or so, it will be queue of 100s of people.
4. Keep spare PP blank form with you which is signed by mother and thumb impression by baby, However if you forgot thumb impression of baby, you can put yours with some style (Not legal) but many I found doing and it is all ok.
5. No need to carry any triplicates forms as mentioned on website.

I hope it will help.

Regards
Vinod Toshniwal

megatop

Post by megatop » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:49 pm

Thanks Vinod. Your effort to give back to the forum is highly appreciated.

lokeshcnttf
Newly Registered

Re: Birth Certificate & Indian Passport for baby born in UK

Post by lokeshcnttf » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:48 am

Hi,
I am planning to apply for the Birth Certificate and Passport at the same time in CGI Birmingham during 2nd week after the baby is born. Should i take my new born baby to the CGI-Birmingham while submitting the application? or can I alone submit the application with out taking my wife and baby there? Please advise. Many thanks in advance.

hcd
Newly Registered

Post by hcd » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:18 pm

lokeshcnttf wrote:Hi,
I am planning to apply for the Birth Certificate and Passport at the same time in CGI Birmingham during 2nd week after the baby is born. Should i take my new born baby to the CGI-Birmingham while submitting the application? or can I alone submit the application with out taking my wife and baby there? Please advise. Many thanks in advance.

Hi Lokesh,
I am in same boat like you but my consular aria is London but your answer will help me.
Are you able to apply for the birth registration and indian passport by alone on same day ?

Thanks in advance !

nihalalfred
Newly Registered

Post by nihalalfred » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi All,

Today I visited the High Commission Of India, London to submit the birth registration application of my daughter and wanted to share my experience so that it would be helpful for others who would be applying for the same in the near future.

Post getting the birth certificate from your local council you can apply for the birth registration online on the below website:
https://www.hcilondon.in/pages.php?id=85

Kindly follow all the detailed instructions mentioned on it however, I wanted to highlight the things I overlooked and it created a trouble for me while I was there.

Please ensure that you take an online appointment for consular services for which there is a separate link on the home page after you submitted your online application form without which the security guy would not let you in. In my case my request to let me in was entertained as there was less rush being a Friday, not sure if they would do it on any other busy day.

Documents to carry: ( I carried 3 photo copies, however only 1 was accepted. Also carried the original, but was not asked to show it once again as they had record of it as I submitted the scanned copies online).

1. DECLARATION FOR BIRTHREGISTRATION OF CHILD with particulars of the child, father & mother. Please affix photos of both parents on the top right corner and has to be also signed by both parents.

2. Online Application form printout signed by one parent whose name is listed on Part II of the application. Affix baby's photo (35*35) next to photo which was printed on the application. I took the photo of my baby at home and went to the nearest photo studio and asked them to give me an instant print out of it in the required size.

3. Self attested copy of Passport of both parents (1st two & last two pages) signed individually.

4. Visa copy of both parents - Self attested individually.

5. For Address proof - I carried my latest bank statement which was accepted.

6. Birth Certificate (Both short & Full certificate) - Signed (self attested) by both parents

7. Marriage certificate - signed by both parents.

8. Prepaid envelope (can get it from the nearby post office for 6.45 GBP which is adjacent to the Australian Embassy) if you stay far from London and can't personally come again to collect it after 7-8 working days. It should be coming to your home address via post within the next 10 working days.

Whole process should not take more than 15 mins, if all your documents and paperwork are in order as per the requirement.

Hope this information was helpful.

Also as per the latest update after you receive your birth certificate from HCIL you need to apply for the passport at VFS office as this services has been outsourced to them post March 2015.

dcube4U
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by dcube4U » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:28 pm

nihalalfred wrote:Hi All,

Today I visited the High Commission Of India, London to submit the birth registration application of my daughter and wanted to share my experience so that it would be helpful for others who would be applying for the same in the near future.

Post getting the birth certificate from your local council you can apply for the birth registration online on the below website:
https://www.hcilondon.in/pages.php?id=85

Kindly follow all the detailed instructions mentioned on it however, I wanted to highlight the things I overlooked and it created a trouble for me while I was there.

Please ensure that you take an online appointment for consular services for which there is a separate link on the home page after you submitted your online application form without which the security guy would not let you in. In my case my request to let me in was entertained as there was less rush being a Friday, not sure if they would do it on any other busy day.

Documents to carry: ( I carried 3 photo copies, however only 1 was accepted. Also carried the original, but was not asked to show it once again as they had record of it as I submitted the scanned copies online).

1. DECLARATION FOR BIRTHREGISTRATION OF CHILD with particulars of the child, father & mother. Please affix photos of both parents on the top right corner and has to be also signed by both parents.

2. Online Application form printout signed by one parent whose name is listed on Part II of the application. Affix baby's photo (35*35) next to photo which was printed on the application. I took the photo of my baby at home and went to the nearest photo studio and asked them to give me an instant print out of it in the required size.

3. Self attested copy of Passport of both parents (1st two & last two pages) signed individually.

4. Visa copy of both parents - Self attested individually.

5. For Address proof - I carried my latest bank statement which was accepted.

6. Birth Certificate (Both short & Full certificate) - Signed (self attested) by both parents

7. Marriage certificate - signed by both parents.

8. Prepaid envelope (can get it from the nearby post office for 6.45 GBP which is adjacent to the Australian Embassy) if you stay far from London and can't personally come again to collect it after 7-8 working days. It should be coming to your home address via post within the next 10 working days.

Whole process should not take more than 15 mins, if all your documents and paperwork are in order as per the requirement.

Hope this information was helpful.

Also as per the latest update after you receive your birth certificate from HCIL you need to apply for the passport at VFS office as this services has been outsourced to them post March 2015.
Hi Friends & Nihalalfred,

Firstly, Thank you to all who are collaborating on this forum it really helps clear some of the questions.

Yesterday, I had been to CGI, Birmingham to apply for baby's birth registration.
I had attached all the documents as mentioned by nihalalfred. Only correction is instead of parents photo on the consular service form (see attachment) it should be baby's photo. It might be because I made application in Birmingham, hope this is same in HCIL London.

Secondly, On the Online printed form (apart from pasting baby's photo), sign below the (parent's signature) again.

Finally, apart from all these documents, you will be asked to fill in declaration form (which is given on arrival at consulate), which is quiet simple and fill in all the details and sign. (one parent can go to submit the application, no need both the parent or to carry the baby)

Total time taken to submit the application : 1 hour approx.

One more thing like to mention, Which I had confirmed at counter in CGI, Birmingham.
From now passport application can only be made through VFS, applications are not received in CGI, Birmingham for Indian Passport. This info was already mentioned by nihalalfred, but if some one needs double confirmation.

Hope this helps, keep posting :) :D
Attachments
example_application-form (1).gif
Consular service form
example_application-form (1).gif (48.2 KiB) Viewed 13866 times