ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application and Birth Certificate 'Not found'

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SelectMe

Passport application and Birth Certificate 'Not found'

Post by SelectMe » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi,
I just wondering, if anyone out there is/was in similar situation, I do not have birth certificate as It was never registered in the country where I was born, hence Registration authority gave me 'Not found' certificate which I attached with citizen application and was accepted. But not sure, if passport office will accept this or not. wondering, if any one out there provide any more info.
Highly appreciated!

SelectMe

Re: Passport application and Birth Certificate 'Not found'

Post by SelectMe » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:24 am

Hi Guys, Wondering, if anyone been through this or could help me in anyway.

Pls

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:05 am

You're not required to submit a birth certificate. See here documents required:
Born outside the UK
You have a certificate of naturalisation or registration
You must send:
your naturalisation or registration certificate
the passport you used to come into the UK or foreign passport you’re included on
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SelectMe

Post by SelectMe » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:54 am

Hi @Casa,
Thanks for your reply. But I am in Republic of Ireland. the guidelines you mentioned are applicable in UK I suppose.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:32 pm

Ah sorry I didn't spot that. Yes they are relevant to UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

androol
Newly Registered

Post by androol » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:09 am

Hello,

I noticed you also posted this question in another thread. I know my answer is not directly related to the one you are asking, but it may give you insight as to how the passport office views birth certificates that are not 100% 'orthodox'. Here is my answer from the other thread:

I cannot speak for those who have gone through the naturalization process. I qualify for citizenship because my father (whom I never knew) was born in Ireland. However my original birth certificate has been amended and the amendment is notated on the actual certificate. When I applied for my passport (and provided all of the required legal, official paperwork) the passport did not like the fact I had submitted an amended birth certificate (even though it was a legal and official birth certificate from the United States). They requested further paperwork and only offered that providing a copy of the passport of a person whom I do not know, have never met and do not know how to contact, would be acceptable. Thus my passport application was declined. So based upon my experience I am inclined to believe the passport office will not accept a birth certificate that is incomplete. Mine is complete, but amended, and that was not acceptable for them.

I have just received an official letter from the head of the department of vital records of where I was born that states my amended birth certificate is my official birth certificate and "represents a true and accurate account of the birth record". The Registrar said this letter is required to be included when using an amended birth certificate for a passport application in the United States. So I am going to re-apply for my Irish passport and hopefully this letter will be enough to get me approved.