ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency Calculater C class visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

banana07
Member of Standing

Residency Calculater C class visa

Post by banana07 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Hello All!

the residency calculator online shows visa C and D count toward residency, however, there is no other place shows that they count. any body with previous experience with C class application? My application is based on work permit, and prior to work permit I had 3 months visit visa C class for training purposes.. does that mean I can count the 3 months on C class? I cant find an answer any where
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Residency Calculater C class visa

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:00 pm

visit visa C class will NOT be counted towards ur naturalization application.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:26 pm

Class C visa does not count towards reckonable residence.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

bebo1901

Post by bebo1901 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:11 pm

C and D here are stamps and not visa types.
select the stamp that is applicable to you and not the visa type.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:18 am

Thanks all! - That means I will have to wait for another 2 months.. but why they put them in the calculator if they are not countable?

On other hand, When its time to apply, I will post the application, and then leave the country for 6 months, my questions are:

1- what's the possibility they know that Im out of country that time?
2- what is the usual queries (extra documents) that they may ask me to re-submit?

finally,

If I leave my job (stress related) mid way of application, does that make any difference? and should I notify GNIB with the change?

I'm on stamp 4 by the way (moved from green card to stamp 4, 3 years ago)

Thanks a lot for yer help :-)
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

amison79

Post by amison79 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:55 pm

banana07

thts how it is my frnd in ths country, even people with intra company transfers have no right to claim for residency for naturalisation. i know many people who cam in this country on intra company transfer and worked here for 3 years and then got transferred on work permit. those initial 3 years are not counted for the naturalization :(

in case you are going out of this country for long time, you shud inform the naturalization dept. if thy know before hand your plan, it wud not delay processing of your documents in future.dept wud know wen ur out of this country, and thy wud hold on to any query, if thy mite have any, till the time u return back. their further demand for the documents can be anything, on suspicion, may be related to ur addresses in this country, may b related to ur C stamp, can be anything or nothing. its hard to say wat document thy mite ask for.

so its better to keep thm informed of ne big step ur going to take which mite affect ur application for naturalization, including in case if ur changing jobs.