ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bebo1901

Re: Passport Application

Post by bebo1901 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:16 am

either original passport or original driver license or certified copy of any of them. :)

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:19 am

from reading her post she says copies - im surprised as it clearly states original passport on the requirment form! maybe they have changed.

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:43 am

@Yana,that's surprising too,but in this day and age,all they truly need us the details on the e-passport page to verify authenticity anyway,shouldn't be a big deal,but they make it
out to be so.

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:53 am

if I would have known they were accepting copies i would not have waited until I was back from holidays to apply for the passport. ah well guess we cant have everything.

Update 10.06 am - 07.08.2014

My passport has just arrived - so the whole process took exactly 10 months from the day I have applied 6th of November 2013 until today when I received the passport 7th of August 2014.

Good luck to everyone else...

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:23 am

Happy 4 u @Yana. Now u're free from immigration BS. How I wish the whole world can have just one passport and eliminate nationalism all together 'cos in biology,it's delusional. One origin,one specie et cetra. But due to an unhealthy rivalry in human nature,we will always be a nationalist. Every war,every hate crime,every injustice is embedded on a view of our difference. Sadly,we can never eradicate this. My children,and my children's children would come to embrace the same thing my father embraced. Different a bit 'cos I'm an Atheist and I can see things with reasoning and evidential. I'm sorry to be off topic,but,it is what it is.Good luck with ur new life Yana and every naturalised citizen out there,and for those still waiting,I say,hang in there.U can achieve,if u believe!

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:36 am

@Janet I am on the same page as yourself with regards to some of the views you have expressed below, and I do understand. However we don’t unfortunately live in a Utopian World. I wish we did.

shaz112211

Post by shaz112211 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:36 am

Guy !! Will someone Answer me plz , i have a small query regarding Pasport App

what if i dont have any bill ? They will take bank statement as a proof of address or maybe any letter from revenue tax office ?? Bec i have no electricity or gas or telefone bill on my name ?? or do i have any other Option ?

Your Advise and Help will be appreciated !!

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:38 am

sorry - yes I'd say they will accept it - you can either ring and ask them or send them in and hope for the best - in case they dont accept it they will let you know.

shaz112211

Post by shaz112211 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:16 am

Thanks Yana ...

i will ring them and ask ... whatever they suggest i will update here ... thank u buddies

androol
Newly Registered

Post by androol » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:02 am

SelectMe wrote:
2) original birth certificate
What if someone has no Original BC, instead has only 'Not Found' documents from relevant department from home country. I know dept of justice have no problem accepting 'Not Found' and accept it happily. But, what about passport office, do they accept Not Found or If it must have to OBC. what if someone is not in position to get one at all? How about birth certificate from relevant Embassy in dublin e.q. Indian Embassy in dublin provides birth certificate that only states the DOB, whatever printed on passport and say it is the Birth certificate. Would that be enough?
thanks in advance
I cannot speak for those who have gone through the naturalization process. I qualify for citizenship because my father (whom I never knew) was born in Ireland. However my original birth certificate has been amended and the amendment is notated on the actual certificate. When I applied for my passport (and provided all of the required legal, official paperwork) the passport did not like the fact I had submitted an amended birth certificate (even though it was a legal and official birth certificate from the United States). They requested further paperwork and only offered that providing a copy of the passport of a person whom I do not know, have never met and do not know how to contact, would be acceptable. Thus my passport application was declined. So based upon my experience I am inclined to believe the passport office will not accept a birth certificate that is incomplete. Mine is complete, but amended, and that was not acceptable for them.

I have just received an official letter from the head of the department of vital records of where I was born that states my amended birth certificate is my official birth certificate and "represents a true and accurate account of the birth record". The Registrar said this letter is required to be included when using an amended birth certificate for a passport application in the United States. So I am going to re-apply for my Irish passport and hopefully this letter will be enough to get me approved.

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:37 am

I wish you all the best and hope it works out for you.

amison79

Post by amison79 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:31 pm

@janet0001

i have listed out original passport and also attested photocopy of passport/licensce.

:)

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:39 pm

@Amison,do u mean u send original and copy as well? "I've listed out" is confusing to me

thepiratequeen

Post by thepiratequeen » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:07 pm

Yay! Passport received today...submitted July 25, so they are back to about 12 working days. Also we submitted originals. We received all back, but a bit dismayed that birth and naturalization forms were bent and folded. I know, not a huge thing, but they were not submitted this way. Ah well. Oh and we did NOT submit DL etc certified by garda. I thought the applications might be sent back, but not at all at all.

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:54 am

thepiratequeen wrote:Yay! Passport received today...submitted July 25, so they are back to about 12 working days. Also we submitted originals. We received all back, but a bit dismayed that birth and naturalization forms were bent and folded. I know, not a huge thing, but they were not submitted this way. Ah well. Oh and we did NOT submit DL etc certified by garda. I thought the applications might be sent back, but not at all at all.
So you only sent the original country of origin passport and no other form of ID?

thepiratequeen

Post by thepiratequeen » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:45 am

No. We submitted original passport and birth cert., bank statement and utlity bill for each (4 in total), application with garda cert, 4 photos - 2 signed and certified (btw 2 were returned...we thought that interesting) and the Naturalization form. I went by what the passport express site said and after I had already posted, double checked with the paper included in Nat. package. I really thought I had screwed up, but all is well. I wonder if they add the extra ID if somethings are not in English. The entire packet was checked by the postal worker. ...brilliantly.
(Just please don't say Americans get preferential treatment--like some have suggested. Our journey has been just as long, arduous and expensive as most. My great grandparents are either very pleased, or wondering why I came back to this country. Hopefully it is the former.)

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:51 am

thepiratequeen wrote:No. We submitted original passport and birth cert., bank statement and utlity bill for each (4 in total), application with garda cert, 4 photos - 2 signed and certified (btw 2 were returned...we thought that interesting) and the Naturalization form. I went by what the passport express site said and after I had already posted, double checked with the paper included in Nat. package. I really thought I had screwed up, but all is well. I wonder if they add the extra ID if somethings are not in English. The entire packet was checked by the postal worker. ...brilliantly.
(Just please don't say Americans get preferential treatment--like some have suggested. Our journey has been just as long, arduous and expensive as most. My great grandparents are either very pleased, or wondering why I came back to this country. Hopefully it is the former.)
Thanks a lot for the details and enjoy your Irish passport!

androol
Newly Registered

Post by androol » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:01 am

Yana31 wrote:I wish you all the best and hope it works out for you.
Thank you. I just received word that the passport office reviewed my new additional documentation, have deemed it acceptable, and now wish me to submit a new passport application.

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:18 am

congrats and enjoy the new passport.