ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching frm Tier1 General dependent to Tier 2 General visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gauri100
Newly Registered

Switching frm Tier1 General dependent to Tier 2 General visa

Post by gauri100 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi,

Can a person be on Tier 1 General PBS dependent visa and as well as Tier 2 General visa??
I am on Tier 1 General PBS dependent visa from past 2 years and my husband is the main applicant.
To make our stay secured, I have asked my company to sponsor me Tier 2 general visa and they happily agreed.
But I am not sure once switching to the Tier 2 general category, Will my Tier 1 dependent visa gets cancelled??
My point is can I apply for the ILR with my husband after 3 years or else I have to wait for 5 years to get done in the Tire 2 General category.
This question is haunting me from past several days and my company wants get the switching done asap as they have few tokens left in sponsorship.

Thanks

sai306
Newly Registered

Re: Switching frm Tier1 General dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by sai306 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:03 am

Hi i am facing same problem can anyone help me....

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:15 am

You can only be sponsored using a restricted COS which has to be applied for separately. Your sponsor will not have them in the bank.
The other isssue is that you can't switch in country so would have to return home.

You can not hold concurrent visas, so by moving to tier2 you automatically cease to have your previous visa.

Not sure about the ILR side of things.

North Pole

Post by North Pole » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:40 am

The above comment is true for processing new tier 2 from outside UK. And for ILR I guess once you go back home and apply for tier 2 then you are breaking your current stay as dependant. It will all start again for five years under tier 2 main applicant. And for dependant who entered UK after July 2012, It's 5 year period for ILR I guess.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:46 am

Restricted COS needed.
Apply visa from home country.
Counter for ILR will reset as soon as you change visa.
You will have to remain on tier 2 for 5 years and then satisfy for ILR condition at that time. Current rules require 35k salary etc.
Once your husband gets ILR, and u want to chane from tier 2 to his dependent again, your counter will reset again and will have to stay on dependent of ILR for 5 years.

My suggestions:
If your husband is on Tier 1 (Gen), and has a fairly stable job, then you should continue on tier 1 dependent.

eshaghbina
Newly Registered

Post by eshaghbina » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:04 pm

I heard the history will be saved. Not bad to ask directly from Home Office.
I am in a situation like you and wold like to apply for ILR in 2015 hopefully.