ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do they always check maintenance money sitting for 90 days

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fordyfordy
Newly Registered

Do they always check maintenance money sitting for 90 days

Post by fordyfordy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:06 pm

hi, Do they always check maintenance money has been sitting for 90 days direct with the Bank? Or will they sometime just accept the statements as they have been given them as correct and not bother checking with the bank direct? Application is in america and may not have had funds sitting the for long enough.

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Re: Do they always check maintenance money sitting for 90 da

Post by Princess of Ammi » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:50 pm

sorry if I am causing a hurt but if it happens that they did not check it would be one in million.
thanks,

Momi

Post by Momi » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:50 am

I applied inside the uk and got my visa but can can you believe that they check each transaction on my bank statement. There are ticks everywhere.
Hope it help.

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:58 pm

Momi wrote:I applied inside the uk and got my visa but can can you believe that they check each transaction on my bank statement. There are ticks everywhere.
Hope it help.
What's so surprising in that ? You have to maintain a certain amount of money in your bank account and the case worker has to mechanically check if it has not dropped down below the threshold at any time ?

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:00 pm

UKBA cannot look into your bank account in UK. That is the very reason they ask you to submit original or stamped statements not more than a month old.

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:57 pm

nasirkhan wrote:UKBA cannot look into your bank account in UK. That is the very reason they ask you to submit original or stamped statements not more than a month old.

Yes I do agree with it.If the statements are fine with the maintenance fund and money threshold is dropped after sending the application then there should not be a big problem..But the good practice is maintain till the end.

AJE
Nigeria

Post by AJE » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:09 pm

YEs they always check, my application was rejected the first time because my maintenance funds dropped.

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:25 pm

AJE wrote:YEs they always check, my application was rejected the first time because my maintenance funds dropped.
You should sue your bank. Banks cannot disclose your account information to UKBA without your express approval.

AJE
Nigeria

Post by AJE » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:22 pm

uhmmmm. lmao

You want me to recommend a lawyer to sue UKBA? lamo

while filling your application, you signed a document that gives UKBA access to your bank accounts and to do other verification checks. They dig into accounts etc if they feel they need to. in this instance, they will simply look at your statements and it will show that the numbers reduced.

Now my advise is, you can show two different bank statements for the 90 day period but if you still do not meet up, just apply like that and get ready for rejection and appeal and in extreme cases, re-application.

Appeal and then re-application are not always a bad thing. it gives you time to get your shit together. This is my story and I am smiling today....

But at the end of the day, God has the final say....

Best of luck