ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Student Visitor Visa application submitted with error

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amit M
Newly Registered

UK Student Visitor Visa application submitted with error

Post by Amit M » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:47 pm

Even after thorough revision I made a couple of mistakes in my Uk Online visa application. The Given name I filed in the form is different from the Given name in passport as it has my fathers name included in it.

Secondly I filled in my mothers Date of birth as 26th june instead of 27th June.

Now the problem is that I have submitted my application form already and am not being able edit the details.

I even canceled my appointment for tomorrow because of this.

How can I rectify my mistake? Should I make a fresh application with a different email?

I read the application gets removed if not appeared for visa interview within 7 days. However applying after 7 days could mean me missing my exams if the visa takes longer than usual for some reason.

Please Help Urgently.I am worried. What should I do? :( :?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:49 pm

Amit M
Newly Registered

Post by Amit M » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:27 pm

Thank you for your reply.

As the Given name appears on the printed form 2-3 times, do I have to change it in all 3 places?

Also do I just cancel and the date of birth and re-write again with a pen? Or just cancel the 6 and put a 7?

I know stupid questions but you know how the UKBA officers are.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Just make any and all changes necessary with a pen.

Amit M
Newly Registered

Post by Amit M » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Ok thank you for the reply.

My friend told me the same but just wasn't sure I should do this as I cannot take any chance with my application.

Amit M
Newly Registered

Post by Amit M » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:33 am

I asked the UKBA application office here in Mumbai and they asked me to fill a new application form even with the same email id instead of making corrections in writing in the previous one.

They were of the opinion that here in india no corrections are allowed in writing and that the form is not valid until submitted in printed form too. So the previous form and application will be deleted after 7 days after being marked incomplete.

Anyways thank you for your help and just thought would let this know if anyone else has a similar problem in future

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:50 am

They are wrong and you are wrong. If you read the FAQ on the visa4UK site, it clearly states that corrections to the on-line application can be adjusted by hand on the printout that is later submitted to the VAC

The VAC is not the UKBA; it's a delivery service. The people who work at the VAC are not well-informed and, common to most third-world countries, functionaries in a position that wields power over the lives of others, often take it upon themselves to issue order and commands that are completely inappropriate. And those that have no information will invent information to save face.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Lucapooka wrote:They are wrong and you are wrong. If you read the FAQ on the visa4UK site, it clearly states that corrections to the on-line application can be adjusted by hand on the printout that is later submitted to the VAC

The VAC is not the UKBA; it's a delivery service. The people who work at the VAC are not well-informed and, common to most third-world countries, functionaries in a position that wields power over the lives of others, often take it upon themselves to issue order and commands that are completely inappropriate. And those that have no information will invent information to save face.
100% agreed!

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:18 pm

Amit M wrote:They were of the opinion that here in india no corrections are allowed in writing
Mean in other countries corrections are allowed but in India its not allowed..what a statement. :P

imran22
Member of Standing

Re: UK Student Visitor Visa application submitted with error

Post by imran22 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi Lucapooka

You mentioned in your post that on VISA4UK website FAQs it is mentioned that corrections can be made with a pen. I am trying to find the relevant FAQ but it might have been taken down. What is the latest advice if we have made a mistake in the application that is already submitted.

Many thanks for help

akhilJ
Newly Registered

Post by akhilJ » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:42 pm

I have a similar problem but it gets even worse, since I already submitted the documents at the VFS center at Chennai and realised about this mistake now only.

I applied for the UK Work Permit Tier 2 ICT visa from India. In the online visa application form at visa4uk.fco.gov.uk I have wrongly entered my Given Name as Akhiil (an extra 'i') instead of Akhil. So now there is a mismatch in the name in the online application form and the passport I hold. I have already handed over the documents to the VFS center at Chennai.Will this be a reason for rejection of my visa by the UK embassy in their verification process?

Please advice.

Cristina Gorincioi
Newly Registered

Re: UK Family Visitor Visa application submitted with error

Post by Cristina Gorincioi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Hello! I made some mistakes in UK online visa application that I have submitted for my aunt Soltan Ana, application ID: GWF034168613. It was already payed and sent and I cannot make corrections in it. The correction consists in:

1. reversing the family name with the given name in Applicant Biographic details: the given name is Ana and the family name is Soltan. (page no.1)

2. reversing the family name with the given name at page no.3 at Passport and travel information

3. at question no.14 "Are you a national of the country in which you are applying" the answer is YES (page no.3 Passport and travel information)

Could somebody help me to correct these mistakes, please!!! My aunt asked for my help and I need to be sure everything is correct! Thank you a lot!

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:52 pm

@Imran, Akhil, Christina - Please could you update here if you corrected the paper form or re-applied after 7 days? I am in a similar situation and can not risk the delay or rejection.

Many thanks.
Many Thanks,
Stit

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:52 pm

Happened to submit my comment twice. Could not delete it.
Moderators - please could you delete this comment?
Many Thanks,
Stit

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:19 pm

i do not think this is a very big issue to worry.

you can always correct it on the printed application form as others have suggested or moreover after correcting it on the printed application form, just write a letter explaining and include the correct details.

i remember that when i filled my parents online application form, i put their first name as surname and surname as first name.
but this is no issue because if the UKVI have you details in their system from the past they will follow that one.

for example in my parents case the right name appeared on the visa irrespective of the mistake i made. :oops:

but if you have made a mistake and even that mistake reflects on the visa you have got, then send a letter to the embassy to change it and they will change it without a problem. but this may take some time.

always fills out forms correctly :)

davee
Newly Registered

Post by davee » Fri May 22, 2015 6:23 pm

Hello ..I have applied for UK visitor visa from Italy. I mistakenly missed a little word in my address in the online application form which I came to know after submitting the application. I have also paid the visa fee and my appointment is due in 15 days .i have applied along with my family and in another forms the address is complete. I m very confused ..plz somebody help me..how can I amend my mistake add the missing word "my full street name"...thank you in advance..

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:48 am

davee wrote:how can I amend my mistake add the missing word "my full street name"...
Just contact the VAC and tell them!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Ohucheo
Newly Registered

Post by Ohucheo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Hi!! I already went for my appointment, but came back home and as i was going through the online application formi discovered i made a mistake on my date of birth. I saw 23 may, instead of 23rd august. What can i do in this situation?

Ohucheo
Newly Registered

Post by Ohucheo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:05 pm

Hi!! I already went for my appointment, but came back home and as i was going through the online application formi discovered i made a mistake on my date of birth. I saw 23 may, instead of 23rd august. What can i do in this situation?