ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New T1 Entrepreneur application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nothappywithukba
Newly Registered

New T1 Entrepreneur application

Post by nothappywithukba » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:25 am

Hi Seniors and contributors,

I have been to FTT for my appeal and it has been rejected, got the notice of decision yesterday, as saying the home office was right under the point of law to refuse the application. That "in summary, i conclude that the appellant cannot meet the requirement of the immigration rules becos the evidence submitted with the application did not contain the specified information..i do not consider the version of 245aa which was in force at the date of the respondent decision to assist the appellant.

I was refused becos ukba said my bank letter did not contain the phrase, "money is transferable to the UK" and my advert did not contain "my name".

Question is, i want to make a new application now. But this stumbling block of the continuous business activity is what i am not clear about.

Is there any member of the forum who has made an application after july 11 or who knows what to be done, kindly let me know what documents you have submitted to cover the point of continuos business activity.

Very urgent please as i have only 4 days left to submit an application to UT or make a fresh application.

Please helppppp as I am very confused and almost breaking up. All my hope was that that FTT would come thru for me.

Rockey
Member of Standing

Re: New T1 Entrepreneur application

Post by Rockey » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:47 am

Actively engaged in business means you must have already engaged in business before 11th of July according to new rule. Atleast you should have got one or two contracts from customers.

Its just my suggestion that you should go to UT against the decision i hope you should win.

if you put fresh application you have to follow new procedure. its better to consult with profesional lawer.
Best Regards

Rockey

nothappywithukba
Newly Registered

Post by nothappywithukba » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:12 pm

Thank you for the response, Rockey,

I have consulted lawyers today and the general opinion is that the judge has clearly applied the law to the case and that any further appeal will just be to buy time. They said UT will agree with him on the refusal since he really mentioned all the relevant points i could have used as argument at the UT and said he has considered them but i do not have a case from the point of law but that he is sympathetic to my case etc etc.

Do you have any specific document i need to submit apart from the contract. What about all the management accounts that was mentioned in the policy guidance. I believe HMRC documents are also involved. But which and which do I need to compile together.

Other contributors reading on the sideline, please help to contribute to this matter. Anybody who knows anybody that has recently submitted an application after july 11, pls help me make findings.

I feel so helpless.
Rockey wrote:Actively engaged in business means you must have already engaged in business before 11th of July according to new rule. Atleast you should have got one or two contracts from customers.

Its just my suggestion that you should go to UT against the decision i hope you should win.

if you put fresh application you have to follow new procedure. its better to consult with profesional lawer.

nothappywithukba
Newly Registered

Post by nothappywithukba » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:52 pm

Whaoooo, 92 views yet no response.

Please and please, i will much appreciate it if help is rendered by all viewers. I would be much better for it by now if i have had 92 replies giving suggestions and opinions.

Pls helpppppp. Hopefully, my case will not be like Robin Williams at the end of the deadline. I dont think i can take any more stress from ukba again. HELPPPPPPP

nothappywithukba wrote:Hi Seniors and contributors,

I have been to FTT for my appeal and it has been rejected, got the notice of decision yesterday, as saying the home office was right under the point of law to refuse the application. That "in summary, i conclude that the appellant cannot meet the requirement of the immigration rules becos the evidence submitted with the application did not contain the specified information..i do not consider the version of 245aa which was in force at the date of the respondent decision to assist the appellant.

I was refused becos ukba said my bank letter did not contain the phrase, "money is transferable to the UK" and my advert did not contain "my name".

Question is, i want to make a new application now. But this stumbling block of the continuous business activity is what i am not clear about.

Is there any member of the forum who has made an application after july 11 or who knows what to be done, kindly let me know what documents you have submitted to cover the point of continuos business activity.

Very urgent please as i have only 4 days left to submit an application to UT or make a fresh application.

Please helppppp as I am very confused and almost breaking up. All my hope was that that FTT would come thru for me.

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:35 pm

nothappywithukba wrote:Hi Seniors and contributors,

Hello nothappywithukba,

Here Continuous business activity means that your business should be trading prior to 11 July in fact before 24th June. We have made 2 application after 11 July. The process time is quicker than normal. Now you need to see either you have got enough proofs to show that your business was trading on that specific time period or not. 2nd thing is that you have 28 days from this letter to lodge a fresh application. Check you PM.

Regards

Hope145

Post by Hope145 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:37 pm

As has already been said, to apply via transitional arrangement means contract and invoice pre July 11th, for initial application you only need the letter from HMRC confirming your company is registered for corporation tax. When you register a new company, companies house notifies HMRC who then sends the letter. A business bank account showing activity pre July 11th should help too, as well as email correspondence with potential clients pre 11th July

nothappywithukba
Newly Registered

Post by nothappywithukba » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:52 am

Thank you much for this helpful pointers, hope145 and cpmlkhan,

Everything you wrote is understood, about the business bank account, is it a must or just an additional. I have transactions on my personal account I can use but this did not go to a business account. Would it be possible to use a personal bank account to support the application????

Hope145 wrote:As has already been said, to apply via transitional arrangement means contract and invoice pre July 11th, for initial application you only need the letter from HMRC confirming your company is registered for corporation tax. When you register a new company, companies house notifies HMRC who then sends the letter. A business bank account showing activity pre July 11th should help too, as well as email correspondence with potential clients pre 11th July

Hope145

Post by Hope145 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Business bank account shows you are a genuine entrepreneur as ideally you shouldn't be using a personal bank account for business purposes. Business bank account also assures HO you will be paying corporation and other tax to HMRC as the statement is useful for tax return etc. I suppose in your case if it appears as a companies name in your personal account then I suppose you can say you were already trading and receiving monies pending your opening a business account. I suggest you make arrangements for a business account ASAP. It is not clear if it compulsory or not as the application form says tick to confirm you have business account whereas the guidance doesnot say it is compulsory.

one2one2
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by one2one2 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:26 pm

I would suggest to fill out online business account application and enclose the printout with your application as you won't be refused for not having a bank account.
You can attach your personal account statements and highlight the transactions which has been made by your clients.
You can prove activity in the business by enclosing the contracts and invoices what you have before 11th july.
I am not a professional but I believe case worker won't request any further evidences for the business activity.