ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fresh Application AND Appeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

blinkyboy
Newly Registered

Fresh Application AND Appeal

Post by blinkyboy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:09 am

I was refused an entry clearance visa because I didn't submit enough documents. I want to appeal so that I do not have this refusal on my record. But appeals are slow, and I also want to get into the UK so that I can start my life there. Has anyone managed to do a fresh application and appeal at the same time? I have heard that it is possible. Does anyone know anything about it?

Obie
Ireland

Re: Fresh Application AND Appeal

Post by Obie » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:16 pm

If the second application is successful, the appeal will lapse.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:54 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

blinkyboy
Newly Registered

Post by blinkyboy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:16 am

OK so my reading of the legislation is that:

1. You can do it.
2. If your second fresh application is accepted, the home office will withdraw their decision on the appeal.

So what happens with the actual visa in your passport? Has anyone done this? How did it turn out?