ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Maintenance Funds Mistake

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elleoneiram
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Maintenance Funds Mistake

Post by elleoneiram » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:59 pm

Hello! I have a question. I submitted a Tier 4 application a few days ago. Unfortunately, the school informed me that I had made a mistake on my form AFTER I sent it out. The school representative said they could not look at the application I had submitted, but then they did! Anyway, I wrote the wrong amount of money in the maintenance funds section because requirements changed on July 1. The funds I listed were too low, by about 130 pounds.

HOWEVER, I also provided an official document to prove that I have sufficient funds, even after the recent changes. So if they look at my application separately from my document, they could easily reject me. If they actually look at the loan letter I provided, I should be fine. Has anyone done this before? The consulate keeps telling me I can't change anything now. Do you know how likely it is to be rejected, accepted, or delayed? I am from a "low-risk" country.

Tooti71
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Maintenance Funds Mistake

Post by Tooti71 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Hello,

I think you should be fine as long as you will provide the letter showing you have enough funds to cover the course. Also, you saw when you filled the application these information are not required to be filled.

If you worry about it, you can cancell your application and request to refund your money and the start a new application.

In my opinion, you should fine with what you have provided.

elleoneiram
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 4 Maintenance Funds Mistake

Post by elleoneiram » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:36 pm

I forgot about how not all the information needs to be filled out, it's just recommended. Thank you so much for your response! It is somewhat comforting. :)