ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed for documents for Tier 1 Enterprener visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chuchu.yeda
Newly Registered

Help needed for documents for Tier 1 Enterprener visa

Post by chuchu.yeda » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi,

I am planning to submit my application for switching from Tier 2 General to Tier 1 Enterprener visa, inside UK next week.
I went through many posts for the documents submitted by other applicants, but got confused.

Here is my situation:
* I am having £2,00,000 in my personal bank account.
* I am having £2,000 for maintenance for me and my dependent in the same account (for more than 90 days).
* My current Tier 2 General visa is not expiring for another 11 months.
* I am applying dependent visa for my spouse with my application itself.

I am planning to submit following documents with my application:
* Main applicant application
* 2 photos of main applicant and dependent each with the form
* Main applicant passports (two passports: new and old expired)
* HSBC bank statement (access to more than 2,02,000, this includes maintenenace funds also)
* Printout from Financial Services website showing HSBC bank to be regulated by PRA (http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmRegu ... ?sid=77168)
* Dependent application
* 2 photos of dependent with dependent's form
* Dependent passport
* Original marriage certificate
* Original Name change certificate (dependent's surname changed after marriage)

The form asks for home office reference number for previous Tier 2 application.
What is this? Where can I find this? Is this same as Visa number?

Do I need to submit any of the following documents (as I found on many other posts)?
* Degree certificate of main applicant? I already submitted this while getting evaluated for Tier 2 General visa, and Tier 1 policy guidance mentions that I don't need to submit it again.
* Original National Insurance (NI) number certificate of main applicant and dependent?
* Xerox of Main applicant's driving license as proof of address?
* Dependent address proof?
* HSBC bank letter stating that funds are available to me for investment?
* Certificate of registration with police? I never did any registration with police.
* Proposed Business plan?
* Any other document?

How should I send the application to UKBA?
Should I send it using Royal mail special delivery with a pre-paid return special delivery envelop?

Thanking you in advance,
Ved

chuchu.yeda
Newly Registered

Re: Help needed for documents for Tier 1 Enterprener visa

Post by chuchu.yeda » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:16 am

Hi, can someone please help me with this?

AJE
Nigeria

Post by AJE » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:14 pm

I am not sure why you need a reference number but if you still have the letter you had for your last biometrics, the reference number is on that letter at the top of the page. It starts with a letter but filling this number is not 100% compulsory

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:21 pm

chuchu.yeda wrote:Hi,

I am planning to submit my application for switching from Tier 2 General to Tier 1 Enterprener visa, inside UK next week.
I went through many posts for the documents submitted by other applicants, but got confused.

Here is my situation:
* I am having £2,00,000 in my personal bank account.
* I am having £2,000 for maintenance for me and my dependent in the same account (for more than 90 days).
* My current Tier 2 General visa is not expiring for another 11 months.
* I am applying dependent visa for my spouse with my application itself.

I am planning to submit following documents with my application:
* Main applicant application
* 2 photos of main applicant and dependent each with the form
* Main applicant passports (two passports: new and old expired)
* HSBC bank statement (access to more than 2,02,000, this includes maintenenace funds also)
* Printout from Financial Services website showing HSBC bank to be regulated by PRA (http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmRegu ... ?sid=77168)
* Dependent application
* 2 photos of dependent with dependent's form
* Dependent passport
* Original marriage certificate
* Original Name change certificate (dependent's surname changed after marriage)

The form asks for home office reference number for previous Tier 2 application.
What is this? Where can I find this? Is this same as Visa number?

Do I need to submit any of the following documents (as I found on many other posts)?
* Degree certificate of main applicant? I already submitted this while getting evaluated for Tier 2 General visa, and Tier 1 policy guidance mentions that I don't need to submit it again.
* Original National Insurance (NI) number certificate of main applicant and dependent?
* Xerox of Main applicant's driving license as proof of address?
* Dependent address proof?
* HSBC bank letter stating that funds are available to me for investment?
* Certificate of registration with police? I never did any registration with police.
* Proposed Business plan?
* Any other document?

How should I send the application to UKBA?
Should I send it using Royal mail special delivery with a pre-paid return special delivery envelop?

Thanking you in advance,
Ved
Hello chuchu.yeda,

It does not make any difference if you are switching from Tier 2 or any other category into Tier 1 Entrepreneur requirement of PBS is same for every body. You are just worrying about reference number which is not compulsory to answer and forgetting very important stuff You need to submit e.g Professional Business Plan, Market research, Professional body registration etc. You do not need any letter from bank except original bank statement while you are applying inside the UK and Funds are also in the UK Bank.
This category is not that simple as you thought, You need to seek professional advice.

BEST OF LUCK

one2one2
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by one2one2 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:09 pm

You cant show maintenance and investment in the same account.
Make sure photos should be in the correct format and must be in the little envelope attached to the application form with the paper clip do not use staples or paper glue with your name and your spouse name handwritten at the back of each photo. If photo guidance not followed your application will be returned.